1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Looking for spare tire for Avenger

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:24 PM
wnadance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for spare tire for Avenger

I'm looking for a new spare tire for my 1999 Avenger. I 'lent' my spare to my son when he was parting out his Stealth and they needed wheels to get the frame up on the tow truck. It obviously stayed with the frame and I am without a spare now. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Looking for spare tire for Avenger

honestly, your best bet is to try a junkyard. If not there, then I'd suggest buying a full size rim and putting a real tire on it.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:08 PM
wnadance

Thats kinda what I was thinking, but we haven't had any luck yet. My son has checked on eBay too, I guess I just have to keep looking. Thanks.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

are you wanting the donut? or a real rim?

These are OEM replacement wheels and I believe one is the donut...as its a 14"

http://market.autopartsfair.com/sear...2&part_id=2642

Honestly, you could snag a fullsize rim at a junkyard for about 30-50$ anyhow...and a fullsize wheel is better anyhow....as you can worry less about getting the donut off in case your short of cash.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 PM
wnadance

Thanks....I think I will go with the regular wheel. It will not fit in the spare compartment, but it will be better all around. Thanks for the website.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:27 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

No problem! Glad to help...and by the way, welcome to DodgeForum!

Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM
wnadance

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2006, 09:42 PM
wnadance

Hello again. Since my last post in April, I put a wanted ad on Craigslist and received an email from a fellow that took his 'donut' off his 94 Dodge Daytona. He thinks that it will fit my car. I'm wondering if the bolt pattern would match up with my 99 Avenger. He is selling it in 'pretty good' condition for $30 (rim and wheel).... I will probably have to go out to his place and 'try it on'. My next question is: would it be a good idea (or is it possible) to put a regular tire on the 'donut' rim? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Old 05-27-2006, 11:59 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: wnadance

Hello again. Since my last post in April, I put a wanted ad on Craigslist and received an email from a fellow that took his 'donut' off his 94 Dodge Daytona. He thinks that it will fit my car. I'm wondering if the bolt pattern would match up with my 99 Avenger. He is selling it in 'pretty good' condition for $30 (rim and wheel).... I will probably have to go out to his place and 'try it on'. My next question is: would it be a good idea (or is it possible) to put a regular tire on the 'donut' rim? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Your barking up the wrong tree......as a regular tire for the donut wouldnt work. Honestly, they arent designed for a normal drive tire....

As for the bolt pattern....I honestly dont know....the person you'd want to ask would be silvercoupe97

Old 05-28-2006, 01:31 PM
wnadance

Thanks for your input. I'm thinking my best bet is getting a regular rim and tire as the spare. I would definitely feel safer and can go farther on a regular tire than a 'donut'. If the bolt pattern works on this 'donut', then I'll just get it for safety sake until I find a regular tire. The trips to the junk yard have come up with a big fat '0'.

Quick Reply: Looking for spare tire for Avenger