1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

seat reapulstry

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
95_Avenger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat reapulstry

i plan on buying racing seats for my car but i want to keep my back seat in how much does it coast to get a back seat reapluted (i cant spell sorry) to like a blck fabric.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:18 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seat reapulstry

I think you mean reupholstered...I think.

Well, since you want to keep the back seats in fabric, might I recommend using dye on all the clothe materials. From what I understand the dye won't stain anyone that sits on them (after drying of course). Here's a link to some dyes http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Prod...ctid=ACD%20102. You may be able to get them from autozone or hobby shops or stores also (I've never really looked into that though). It's most likely more convenient to have it done professionally but it would cost you more, while DIY will take up time, it's you though bud.

I myself have considered getting either my fronts seats reupholstered in black suede-ish stuff and rebolstered instead of getting racing seats because of the fact that the seats move for comfort, but in the end it will probably cost me less to just buy racing seats and have them dyed to suit my color preferrences. I've also considered just finding an Eclipse with a black interior (those are hard to find too) to help cut down on parts and pieces getting dyed and painted. I'll cross that bridge once I'm satisfied with my motor mods though. I see it this way though...I fell in love with how my car felt and its looks when I first bought it, so why change it? The motor/drivetrain conversion is obvious but the rest is fine for me for the moment.

Quick Reply: seat reapulstry