1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

bumper problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:10 AM
73AMX401
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bumper problems

Sorry to bother you all again. On my Avenger the people who owned it before my grandfather bottomed the car out on something and mashed the angled bar on the bottom of the bumper. I got the car from him and it looks like he drug it on a curb while parking and now its not fixable and I was wondering if any of you know where I can find one.
Thanks

Old 06-06-2006, 05:38 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: bumper problems

That bar isn't really necessary. If you really want to replace it, you can get another one from a junk yard or replace it with anything you can imagine, really.
It's purpose is to keep that area from warping and looking uneven from the front (while looking under the car).

Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 PM
jp_greenville13
Rookie
Default RE: bumper problems

i dont knowif this is a problem with your car or not but when i bought mine the bottom left bar was cracked all the way through. if so just take a drill and drill holes across from each other the whole length of the crack. then "sew" it back togther with some 18 gauge wire and paint back over it. a litle redneck ish but no one will ever notice.

Quick Reply: bumper problems