1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Performance upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
tgun6144
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance upgrades?

I just bought a 96 Dodge Avenger a few months ago and I was wondering if anybody knew of any decent performance upgrades that I could get without putting a dent in my wallet. I would really appreciate any help with this, thanks!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Performance upgrades?

Hi tgun and welcome to DF. I have a sticky above this forum (Avenger) that has a list of bits and pieces for our cars. I don't know what amount will put a dent in your wallet so I'll let you look. As for bolt ons...there's not really any for either motors. An "all motor" car is out of the question...time, effort, money, and HP gain VS. sticking on a turbo with supporting mods, most of the time both will equal about the same amount of money but the turbo will net more HP.
There's a bunch of good stuff in the sticky, have a look and again, welcome to DF.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
tgun6144

Thanks silvercoupe I appreciate the help. Also I was wondering if there is a turbo or supercharger for the 2.5L engine or do I need to have my engine swapped?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:10 PM
bkh1311

Well I would suggest going to exileracing.com they offer a turbo for the v6 and other stuff for the avenger.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
tgun6144

Thanks bkh1311

Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 PM
popes

well there is the turbo nator thing that is on the web i dont how much good it is but you could always try it and it is cheap
http://www.turbonator.com/index.html
if you use it let me know if it works good

Old 07-21-2006, 07:48 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: popes

well there is the turbo nator thing that is on the web i dont how much good it is but you could always try it and it is cheap
http://www.turbonator.com/index.html
if you use it let me know if it works good
Not to sound like a skeptic, but.....don't waste your money on that trash. It just serves as an air restrictor, lowering the velocity of air as opposed to helping it. Less velocity = less volume = less gas = less power/better gas milage. Getting more air causes the ECU to react differently...more air = more volume = more gas = lower gas milage/more power (unless your sensors are just bad). Your ECU sees more air and it will compensate by giving the chambers more fuel. It does this to keep the motor from running lean which can = higher heat and possibly combustion chamber detonation, so it adds the fuel to keep you're motor stoich and your motor runs cooler.
Opposite of that is, your motor sees more fuel than air and pulls back on fuel to keep you from running rich which = lower gas milage (because of unspent fuel) and running too rich can also = poor performance.

Bottom line, if you get this for performance...it's trash. If you get this for better gas milage....try it.
To get more power you have to get more air and fuel and let's not forget about a higher spark...your three basic things that are required for a motor to run...just more of it. Anyway, more of those three will = more power, not a piece of metal is supposed to create a "tornado" in your intake tract.
Just get a less restrictive intake and piping, for you N/A guys. Any forced induction guy/girl will tell you the same.

Quick Reply: Performance upgrades?