1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

1995 Chrysler Sebring (looks like my 96 venge.)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 PM
aarojack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Chrysler Sebring (looks like my 96 venge.)

I know this is an avenger forum but this car is looks like a twin.

Up the road I saw a 1995 chrysler Sebring for sale. Its has power everything, 16 inch wheels, sun roof, basically everything mine has, except mines a 2.0 5 speed.

It has 125,000 on it and the torque converter leaks, they want a grand for it. I belive its a 2.5 V6 automatic

I thought about buying this car for the wife to have were she doesnt drive manuals.

Is that worth the price?

I read somewere that the torgue converters constantly leak due to a imperfection in manufaturing, and you can repair the seal but it leak again down the road, is this true on all V6 automatic Sebring and Vengers?

Does anyone know if this car is worth buying or should I leave it alone?

Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: 1995 Chrysler Sebring (looks like my 96 venge.)

Yeah, they are the same car, just with different front fascias and rear ends. The rear quarter windows are different too. The interiors are identical in both the Avenger and Sebring and the same with the Eclipses (2 gen) from the dash to the back of the front seats.
I used to have the V6, all the V6s are auto too, and I never had an issue with my torque converter. There may have been issues with the A604 but none that were epidemic with the revised version AKA the 41TE
Treated like any other car with regular maintenance, you shouldn't have to deal with tranny issues. The tranny can be sensitive to it's fluid though and most of the time requires MOPAR ATF+3, not the stuff from Time-it Lube or similar oil changing stations that flush the tranny too. I had mine up to 125,XXX miles with a slipping issue once on non MOPAR ATF+3 tranny fluid on a hot day in Shreveport LA (before I knew about it's tight tolerances). After that I had it flushed with MOPAR ATF+3 and never had issues with it again. I also didn't dog it

Bottom line, same car, different badge=slightly different look.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:41 PM
aarojack
Default RE: 1995 Chrysler Sebring (looks like my 96 venge.)

Thanks for the info silver.

I figured they were pretty much the same.

Quick Reply: 1995 Chrysler Sebring (looks like my 96 venge.)