1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Hey Yo Silver

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Yo Silver

Yo kid I need sum DODGE AVENGER 16 " FACTORY ORIGINAL WHEEL RIM I checked out the sticky and they keep givin me aftermarket rims. Ebay Has 2 sellers but I really don't trust sendin my money over the web and waiting. I thinking Junk yards next. I wondering is NTB can order them for me? You have any suggestions?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:57 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hey Yo Silver

I found sum dis cat got sum 4 $125. I'm thinkin bout just buyin sum from a junk yard or sum aftermarket rims. I lookin 4 sum basic 18' 5 Star rims. I use to have sum 17' Enkei Shutoko rims but dat is a long story. O yeah Question #2 how much is it for a turbo system I'm talkin turbo, intercooler, Blow off valve, Turbo Boost control system, Cold air intake, da works kid [8D]

Old 08-24-2006, 12:50 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Whoa, easy on the slang bro. I'm oldschool and I'm not quite sure I understand all that.
It took me almost 2 minutes trying to decipher that and having to read it several times.
What's NTB?
I think you want rims, stock 5 star rims? The wheel and tire size is 215/50/17. Or are you looking for aftermarket rims? I got mine from Wheel Max for a good price and they arrived fairly fast, also came with lugs and balance like all the other companies offer for free.
ExileRacing.com has a stage 2 turbo kit for the V6 (and I4) in the resource link. Hahn has a kit for the I4 in the resource link too. Both have what you're looking for. I don't know the pricing off the top of my head.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:53 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

LOL!! My bad my bad I talk more "Proper" NTB is National Tire & Battery. Long story short I bent a rim need a new one and I was wondering if I should buy another factory rim for $125 or pay a couple hundred more and get aftermarket rims. All and all I want 5 so this ever happens again I won't have to ride on that skinny little 10' Doughnut. Most companies I check out only sell rims, I want to just pay one set price on rim and tire guess its gonna take more research. I was saying before that I was just thinking about just gettin some from a junk yard for like $100 till I firgured out what rims i wanted, but I soon found out that it is not worth it. I had a friend check out that whole turbo system he said it shouldn't run no more than 3G's ($3000). I honestly htought it be more. I have a little Inline 4 Cylinder engine just gets me from A to B for now. Thanks for your help [8D]

Old 08-24-2006, 05:17 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Hey, I was close, lol.
Well, here's the thing about a full size in our trunks. They won't fit the spare tire well completely...well, it'll fit but it's really tight and there's a height issue. When you go to close the spare tire door closed, it won't shut all the way. I'm at that point now, I bought aftermarket rims and kept a stock rim for a spare....it sits at home now, so if I get a flat, I'm SOL on that, but I do have AAA Now, if you can get your hands on a full size spare with our bolt pattern...that would fit with no issues and you won't have to worry about that little rinky dink spare. Although, I believe the recommended speed is still 50-55mph on even the full size spare.
I'm not sure how much you want to spend on aftermarket rims, but they can cost you upwards of $900+ and then more for an extra...prices will vary though. I say, find a few good ones at the yards and pic out two that look good.

I think a kit would be your best bet if you want to go turbo, while you can put one together for about $1000, a kit for around $3k will have everything you will need to include the quality so that you know you can have confidence that you're not going to ruin the motor just going from A to B. You're buddy is right though, that's about right for the price of a starter kit. It can get higher though once you get it on because all of a sudden you'll want more power! That's just the hazards of that game...trust me, lol.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:34 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Thanks for the door handle hook up. Any chance u got 1 for the interior? Its pretty simple I just can't get that last "thing" out. If you take off the door panel there are 2 long steel tubes, one connects to the lock and the other too the door handle. The steel tube for the lock popped right out with sum needle nose viscgrips but that door hand one is stuck plyers are to big and tweezers don't have enough leverage any other ideas.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Here's some stuff from Redefined Rides.
http://www.redefinedrides.com/handle.html

Check the updated FAQ Pappi. There's more now

Old 11-09-2006, 12:32 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Naw dog the Handle inside the car. umm... aight check u know when you inside the car sitting how do u get out with the car with window rolled up. The Interior door hand with the lock about it thats what im talking about. That first picture is what my door looks like now untill I find a replacement INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE NOT THE EXTERIOR GREEN ONE. And it has the 2 steel tubes im talking about the top one is for the locks and the bottom one controls the actual door lock release so the the door can open. Do you need any more detail?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh, I know which one's you're talking about Pappi, but I don't remember how I take the off. I don't take them off that often because you can remove the door panel without taking the inner door handle off at all, just the cups that go around the inner handles. Sorry bro.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:11 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Yeah I know you said it a million times in a million posts but Im too lazy to look. I have a 96 es 5-speed I noticed that sum sites in the sticky don't sell parts for us but they do for the eclispe. I wanted to know which elscipse were we compatible with. There is the Elcsipes GS, GS-T, GSX, RS I think the GSX is the AWD version tho. And I was wonder what is the year range on that certain elclispe. I also remerber you saying in a previous post that you can get a CAT back for $300 all the ones I've seen Have been $500 on up. Where you shopping @?

Quick Reply: Hey Yo Silver