1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 AM
toddyfresh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help asap

I had this post a couple seconds ago but I need answers asap as i am goin to junkyard saturday morning.

1.If I get a transmission for my 97 v6 what yrs will fit for a direct bolt up

I heard 99 will work but something will have to be done? In lamens terms could someone tell me what would need to be done as I aint too avenger savy, but imma change a tranny this week. please help

2.Also I dont see a check engine light come on when i turn the key is it supposed too?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:00 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help asap

I think the 99' will fit your 97' are they both automatic/manual? You did good by keepin it within a 2 year range. I wish I could tell you what to look for on the 2 trannys. I did a tranny swap on this car front wheel trive automatic ahd to drop the whole engine they transmissions where 1 year apart 1 bolt pattern was off by what seemed like milimeters. Your best bet is getting a hold of Sivercoupe he has and AWD Avenger so I know he Knows his stuff.

As far as the engine lit not coming on its not bad but not good either I would get your fuses check out first cause its the easiest and cheapest. Basically when you start your car you computer does a quick check of everything. If a light stays on after starting it means sumthin did check out I t could be sumthin little or.... Got to go sorry

Quick Reply: need help asap