1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Brake question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 PM
crismeal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake question

My friend was driving my car and he said that I needed to get my shocks replaced because every time he would hit the brake it would shake but he said my brakes themselves seemed fine since they were really touchy or something. I'm going to Monro to have them replace my shocks but should I have them do anything else to it? I don't want to replace the shocks if that ends up not being the problem.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: Brake question

Shocks? Sounds more like your rotars. The front disc brakes are to small for us so the tend to wear easily (yeah I can't spell that good) so we end up replacing them more ofter then we should. When he said that your brakes were fine did he just lood at the pads. As far as my knowledge goes bad shocks wouldn't cause your care to vibrate. I might be wrong, you'll know if you have bad shocks if your car moves alot, as a matter of fact bounce your car up and down it show take no more that 3 movents for her to settle. Thats up once down once that back up or vice versa 4 depending on how hard you bounced it.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM
95_Avenger
Professional
Default RE: Brake question

yea sounds like the roters i just replaced mine it was shakin a little bit..how much of a vibartion are we talkin about??

Quick Reply: Brake question