1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

recalled balljoint broke!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 AM
josef15111
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recalled balljoint broke!!!!!

Hey guys gotta a question that you all may help me with about the recalled balljoints... ok it starts like this i took my 95 avenger es to the delear just not that long ago to have the balljoints inspected. they told me that they couldent inspect them because my tierods where bad an my upper balljoints where bad on the left side.. sound fishie to you guys too????? ok well long story short i was leaving for work this morning and i was sitting at a red light i hit the gas when she turned green and bomb something broke on my right front tire?? i got out and looked and my tire was cocked inward when the wheel was straight.? sop i got a flashlight anddddd looked the mother fing thing broke it ate my rim up and everything..... what should i doo???? i called the delear at 7:30 am no one answered im calling back around 8 to 8:30 what she i say i mean they pretty much denied me my recall and didnt check ****?? its there fault it happened i beleave if its a recall they should change it an i even told them they where bad you could hear them.. someone let me know before i call them back if possible... thanx all

Joe

Old 10-19-2006, 11:13 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: recalled balljoint broke!!!!!

Call DCX directly and speak with their customer service. They will contact the dealership and set up an appointment for you to repair it...hopefully. You have a better chance with DCX than the dealership to have it taken care of.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:15 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Chrysler has put out a recall on all 95-00 Sebrings (coupes only) and Avengers for their ball joints and lower control arms.

If you haven't done so, GET THIS CHECKED OUT. In extreme cases, people have lost steering in their car or even lost a wheel while driving.

Facts:

1) The ball joint recall covers ALL YEARS of avengers and sebrings (coupe sebring, not convertible.)

2) The recall covers the ball joints and front lower control arms.

3) The recall covers the parts FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR. Don't let the dealer pull the whole "the recall was already performed" crap. If the dealer tries this, call the Chrysler recall center (info below).

4) Some dealers will service the recall by 'repacking' the ball joints. Push them to replace the joint, as this 'repacking' WILL eventually fail.

5) If you need to, call the Chysler recall center (like I had to). Have your VIN number ready. They were very helpful & assured me that the recall was for the life of the vehicle (which the dealer told me was BS). They can also get on the dealer's *** if they refuse to do the work (which they did for me).

Here's contact info for the Recall center:

Contact Us by Telephone
1-800-853-1403
M-F 8:00AM - 8:00PM (EST)

Contact Us by Mail:
DaimlerChrysler
P.O. Box 610207
Port Huron, MI 48061-0207

Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh, one more thing. Do you have proof that you were there? If you do, that will seal the deal.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
josef15111
Veteran

HEY thanx silver and for some news on whats going on.. ok i do have the proof and all i did was call the service department and told them that i was in there 3 weeks ago and they told me all this **** about putting it on a machine to test it and it now broke out of its seat... i told them i wanted it all fixed and a new rim and tire i have pics for reason why.. and he actually told me everything was ok and covered to bring it in lol i laughed and told him how bad its was they paid the towing and are fixing everything that it broke and so forth.. all free!!! i couldent beleave it.. check out these pix and see if you can see anything else it brok or they should check..

i think my axle is laying on a arm or something i told them to fix it too..

ok heres the lilnk to the pics enjoy this is what will happen when you deal with a moron at the delar!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/josef1...?.dir=/eba4re2

Old 10-19-2006, 01:54 PM
josef15111
Veteran

do any of you guys think i should call a lawyer on this i mean im kinda mad at them for not fixing the first time. i have a 8 month pregnat wife an if it was her in the car she could be dead ya know let me know what you guys think

thanx

Old 10-19-2006, 05:50 PM
darkestxxnight
Professional

if i would take my car in for that recall would they say something about me having my car lowered ?

Old 10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

It was your rightside also thats odd?? I have it happen to me it was my mom and little sister driving the car. She said she went to leave out the parking lot and the car wouldn't move she got out and looked around and the right tire was straight but the left was turned. This happened 2 days after I got the car. I got it from a Private owner he said it was all inspected showed that the stickers on the window were new. I couldn't yell at him cuz I bought it "AS IS" so I bit the bullet, even it felt like I got bent over and F*@&^K up the A$$ by the guy cuz 2 days 2 DAYS after not even a full 48 hours[:@] after I bought the car it broke. My bad getting flash backs.

Anyways I don't think you have a case because no one was injured, your car is too old no offense I have a 9' ES, and there was no major damage. It cost me $600 for ball joint CV Shaft and alignment and labor. For that amount of money you would have to take that to small claims court. Cause it a regular court there are court and 1/3 lawyer fees that they charge you, plus the research they do to get them more money. Also by the time it takes for them to set a court date, go to court, then wait for the check you could have already got that replaced and sum. Trust me dog you only want to go to court unless you are getting sum big money going through all that sucks.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: josef15111

HEY thanx silver and for some news on whats going on.. ok i do have the proof and all i did was call the service department and told them that i was in there 3 weeks ago and they told me all this **** about putting it on a machine to test it and it now broke out of its seat... i told them i wanted it all fixed and a new rim and tire i have pics for reason why.. and he actually told me everything was ok and covered to bring it in lol i laughed and told him how bad its was they paid the towing and are fixing everything that it broke and so forth.. all free!!! i couldent beleave it.. check out these pix and see if you can see anything else it brok or they should check..

i think my axle is laying on a arm or something i told them to fix it too..

ok heres the lilnk to the pics enjoy this is what will happen when you deal with a moron at the delar!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/josef1...?.dir=/eba4re2
You got got kinda lucky...sort of Considering that you could have been driving on the interstate. Glad you're ok though.
I would also ask what the dealership is going to do. As in what? Are they going to replace that entire side's balljoints and boots or just the control arm balljoint? Anyway, I would ask just so that you will know what it is that they are going to do and that way you're not assuming that the entire right side is going to be replaced if it's not. In other words don't set your expectations too high until you know what exactly they are going to do, so make sure to ask them.

Quick Reply: recalled balljoint broke!!!!!