1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Electric Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Pentecostal1988
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Supercharger

Does anyone have any real experience with a electric supercharger? Ive been lookin into them and (maybe its just cause im still a newb with modding) they SEEM to be worth the little money they cost. and also what about chips? ive got one that goes into my manifold o2 sensor, does it work? or will it mess up my car?

Old 10-27-2006, 04:50 AM
slhomer
Default RE: Electric Supercharger

I saw it it on e Ebay looked like a waist of money IMO but SilverCoupe is the man to ask I think
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECT...43419765QQrdZ1

and on top of every thing else they use a hotmail address sounds like a scam IMO

Sean

Old 10-27-2006, 05:31 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Electric Supercharger

The only electric supercharger that works as advertised is the Thomas Knight supercharger and that needs a lot of electrical power to make it and keep it working.
Those 12v ones aren't as bad as those turbonators but they can only spin so fast and if your motor is calling for more air it won't be able to supply it, so it blocks air just like the turbonators do.
That's why turbos and SC are popular and are the only ones that people ever have...because they work all the time with what they have to power them. If T. Knight invented a small and light battery pack, then it would be more sought after, but since weight defeats the HP, what's the point?

Chips don't work with our cars either, unless you have the "Icon". Our computers are constant learners and it would just defeat the addon's purpose.

Quick Reply: Electric Supercharger