1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

kool kit advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Pentecostal1988
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kool kit advice

Hey fellow avenger ppls i need to kno where i can find a really powerful supercharger KIT or turbo kit (i want big gains) ive been to exileracing.com and it was ok but im looking for more power and also would a mitsubishi eclipse turbo or superchager kit fit on my avenger? (since they're both almost the same mechanically? or so ive read on wikipedia)

YOU ALL ROCK!!!!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:29 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: kool kit advice

There's a lot more to consider than just getting a larger turbo bro. You have to consider supporting mods too, like "bullet proofing" the tranny. I believe Exile's stage2 is the close to crossing the motor's threshold. Anything past that, you will have to rebuid the motor so that it doesn't destroy itself, not to mention the tranny. I would do lot of research on this before you step through the high HP door. You have to remember that the 6g73 isn't a turbo motor. Stage1+2 is fine for a daily driven car and a novice tuner, for a HP car, you need to know your stuff or you may end up trying again with a new motor, lol.
Here's some good reading from Exile.
http://exileracing.com/turbo.htm
The 6g73 isn't a slacker motor, but it isn't paired with a good tranny, sadly. If you want high horsepower, sell the V6 and get an I4. The I4 motor and tranny can tackle the bigger horsepower easier...sad, I know, but true.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:39 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, the Eclipse/Talon does share this, that, and the other with the Avenger/Sebring, motorwise....if you have an I4. Their N/A motor is also the 420a, the same 420a that is in the Avenger. The Eclipse/Talon does not have the 6g73 though. Just about everything else is the same though, minus the obvious stuff of course.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Pentecostal1988
Rookie

Thanx man your friggin awesome with advice and i think i might just get a bigger performance engine from exile then go from there (new tranny and other performance stuff)

Old 11-05-2006, 11:17 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

There's a lot of happy folks with a turbo'd V6s. Me...I just got tired of the front wheels spinning on the stock motor, new tires, and wet roads. I just had to have AWD, lol.

Quick Reply: kool kit advice