1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Engine missing

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
ju1c3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine missing

2.0 Auto

when i got it i had to replace the altenator and i dont feel like going into what a chore that was. ANYWAYS, the car was missing badly. when it is idling, and when it is under 3k RPM. if i jump on the gas it stutters and then goes ***** out, but it has that stutter. also, if i am going down the highway and its in overdrive, it will start missing. i replaced the spark plugs once and the miss basically went away. it was still there just a bit. on top of all that, it doesnt like to start when its cold at all. well its back again and i need to figure out what it is. this is dangerous to have going on when i am in columbus rush hour traffic. so if anyone has any clues, please let me know. thanks

Old 11-05-2006, 11:45 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Engine missing

First, check down the spark plug tubes for any kind of fluid. Next, check your distributor and rotor for any type of fouling. The CPS (crank position sensor) is another thing to consider also. Start there, it seems to be a sensor type issue to me. Do you get a check engine light at all? Make sure that the bulb is working first off. Your engine light should come on when you first start the car..it's amber in color or should be.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:13 PM
ju1c3
Default RE: Engine missing

well i wasnt sure if it was the plugs and i was gonna change them anyways. second, not sure about the whole distrubitor thing personally cuz i am pretty sure its distrubutiorless. just the coil pack. the pack looks new, and the snoco light(check engine light) doesnt come on. it flashes when i start the car. so the crank sensor huh, ill have to take a look at that. any other cheep ideas before i try the pack?

Quick Reply: Engine missing