1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

\door Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:10 AM
xenocamry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default \door Speakers

How do I replace them? Do I take the speaker cover off and work from there or do I have to take the door panel off?

Old 11-12-2006, 04:16 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: \door Speakers

Yes, you do have to remove the door panel to get to the speakers.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:04 AM
xenocamry

I dont see any screws. Do I just pull it of? Are there any clips I should worry about?

Old 11-13-2006, 02:29 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

There are screws. There's a few in the inner handle and that door grab, one or two on the catch side. That's all that I can remember off the top of my head, but you need to look closer before you start pulling the panel off. Once you get the screws out, then yes, the rest are just clips. Start pulling from the bottom to each side, then pull up and the sill should come with the panel, if you pull it straight towards you, you will leave the sill on and you may have a hard time putting the panel back on.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:52 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

There is 1 where the door handle is to open the door another inside the door ??? The part of the door that you grab to close it I don't know the proper name for it, but its under a thin piece of plastic you'll need a flat head to remove it. There is 2 on the part of the door where the latch is at and 2 more on the opposite end. Also DO NOT FORET! That the window/locks switches is connected to the panel if you know where the clamp is at you can squeeze it and pull disconnect the wire from the swicth or you can unscrew all 4 screws on the switch from the actuall panel.

P.S there is a cover around the door handle that oval piece around it, that just comes right out after you unscrew it, the door won't come off unless u remove it. As for the speaker I'll hafta look at it tomorrow. There is sum good pics of the door in the stick under door handles I think McSilver just put it up there.

Quick Reply: \door Speakers