1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

codes 11 and 21??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:55 AM
josef15111
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default codes 11 and 21??

Hey all im back once again lol

but anyways ui have a problem with cel again it comes on after the car has warmed up and stays on, i did the key dance and it gave me codes 21 an 11 any one know which o2 it would be the front or back one? and what does the code 11 mean?? thanx guys

Joe

Old 11-15-2006, 01:09 AM
moparmaniac1999
Professional
Default RE: codes 11 and 21??

Please don't referrence other sites on THIS site. If you want you can link him. Thank you.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:36 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

11 is intermitten loss of crankshaft and/or camshaft position sensor signals to pcm
12 means the battery was removed for whatever reason within the last 50 key on cycles.

I'm backwards, lol.
21 means that there's a problem with an o2 sensor.
Can't be sure which one it is without getting it scanned at autozone.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:24 PM
josef15111
Veteran

ok quick queston do i have the obd1 or obd2? under the hood it say 1 and under my dash i have the obd2 plug?? an your saying the 11 is a crank shaft or camshaft sensor? man it best not be the cam i just bought a dist. dont wanna do that again junkyard hit me for 75 on it.. so where is this crank sensor located at?? i am buying new upper ball joints on friday also how hard is it to pop them on and off i should say??? and next week i am doing my inner tie rod ends how hard do u think they will be?? any research out there on any off this would be helpful thanxx..

Joe
95 es

Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
josef15111
Veteran

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO one more thing i thought about my code 11 could that be from me turning the car off and back on real fast? it sticks in limp mode getting tranny stuff next lol.. but would that do it??

Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Just thinking about it, one second the puter sees you at point "A" on the cams, then all of a sudden you're at point "F", lol.

Do me a favor and check your tranny oil dip stick and note the color, smell, and if it has any debris mixed in it. Also, move the relays, on the firewall, left to right and get back to me.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Yeah sum cat told me at a shop that if yo tranny has alot of metallic particals in it you should leave rather than replace the fluid. Says it will last longer than replacing the fluid give you enough money to save up for a rebuild. Also I asked bout rebuilding my trans he said it b cheaper to get another 1 rather than rebuilding this 1.

The metal particles thing I have theory that the trans is reusing them sum how its too complicated to type. The rebuild I know its faster but cheaper???[>:]. Most trans used or new base price is a G ($1,000). IDK I exspect FWD trans will be more expensive cuz you hafta dropp both eng and trans and its shaped like a "J" rather than a "l" so it be harder to rebuild. Any1 know bout this?

Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: PappiDread6

Yeah sum cat told me at a shop that if yo tranny has alot of metallic particals in it you should leave rather than replace the fluid. Says it will last longer than replacing the fluid give you enough money to save up for a rebuild. Also I asked bout rebuilding my trans he said it b cheaper to get another 1 rather than rebuilding this 1.

The metal particles thing I have theory that the trans is reusing them sum how its too complicated to type. The rebuild I know its faster but cheaper???[>:]. Most trans used or new base price is a G ($1,000). IDK I exspect FWD trans will be more expensive cuz you hafta dropp both eng and trans and its shaped like a "J" rather than a "l" so it be harder to rebuild. Any1 know bout this?
That guy that told you that shouldn't be working at a garage. Those particles can worsen that shape of the tranny even faster! A flush and filter change only costs around $100-$130 (estimates). I would also rather have my tranny rebuilt than buying another used one. Think about that. With a rebuild tranny, you know it's going to last for some time. With another used tranny, it could die on you tomorrow, then your back at step one.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:22 AM
josef15111
Veteran

i have checked the fluid and it is red in color kinda bright but no metal and i did all the moving thing and nada worked.. should i let some one do this to my tranny or will i be ok i pretty much no my way around a car i have done a few thing to engines.. which one would be cheaper in other words..? what dooes the dealer charge for there atf+3?? how many quarts about 10?

joe

Old 11-17-2006, 08:11 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

C thats Another thing with a rebuild your just buying internal parts the same as an engine rebuild. I know bout that with an automatic that it will mess up a trans but witha standard I wasn't sure. I agree i rather always buy new. I'm still kinda iffy bout gettin a rebuild if im not doing it. I know sum ppl thats all they do and there is always that 1 where they do a have job on it.

Josef do u still have your car manual all your specs or in the back of the book no more than 10 pages from the back. 10 qts is too much, I drive a Stick and It only needed 2.1qts. As far as price IDK but umm with your auto there is another post around here stating that you should stick with Mopar ATF sumthing IDK the numbers behind it I get back 2 u in another post a lil short on time here.

Quick Reply: codes 11 and 21??