1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 PM
josef15111
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end noise

Hey guys i am having a front end noise whenever i hit a bump. it sounds kinda bad i thought it was my upper ball joints because the delear told me that they where bad. so i replaced them the other day and i am still having the noise didnt lighten up at all and the ball joints where bad by the way .. i just had the recall done on the lower straight ones i am now wondering if the curved ones are bad and if they go bad will it really hurt my car??? the noise sorda sounds like a loose sound like my tire isbouncing around?? i put new outer tie rods on about a month ago and wensday i am going to do the inerrs they are shot reallly bad could that make the noise?? and i am also having almost the same sound outta the rear of the car too.. what are the susspision parts that go out and make a noise when bad that are in the back?? sorry for long post just had some free time to write about my car problems lol. thanx all

Joe
95 Es

Old 11-19-2006, 09:17 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: front end noise

Check your swaybar end links and the bars clamps. They make noises whenever the suspension moves and with a similar sound in the rear, that's what it almost sound like to me. Otherwise, remove the wheel and move the suspension around and try to similate the noise by hand. You may have to remove the shocks though. I say bounce on the car and have a buddy listen and look for the area of the noise. That might be harder to though. You can also just remove the endlinks for the sway bars, drive a blockfull of bumps and see if that take away the noise.
Anyone of those bushings in the suspension can make noises once they wear out since they no longer make full contact or have loose contact.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:30 PM
josef15111
Veteran

ok sounds like i will take off the sway bar links and see waht happens. could it be the low curved ball joint going bad?? when i hit the gas some times i get a weird noise like somthing is jerked the wrong way man its hard to explane lol. just wandering got a week to have car fixed under there we have a new baby coming wanna make sure car is up to par and such thanx all.

Joe
95 es

Old 11-19-2006, 10:45 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Congrats on the upcoming baby Joe!!!
Is the front making a popping noise?

Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 PM
josef15111
Veteran

No on the poping noise, thanx on the baby. It will be here by or on the 28th of november.. ok back to car lol

if i could explane this out to you its like this.. kinda like a loose rattle but a heavy rattle you know like i can feel the front end sway real bad and jump all over when i hit a bump worse at higher speeds. i dont even go over 70 because it gets bad... i know my inner tie rods are done for they are loose to the pull i mean i took them off to put new outter ends on and they just flaped at the ground lol not funny but sounded it.... i could pull them in and outward like they were real bad. could that do it? i just dont see where it is comeingfrom its driving me nutz so bad.. thanx again guys

Joe
95 es

Old 11-23-2006, 09:07 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yup, those inners can do that and they are most likely what's causing you a headache.

Quick Reply: front end noise