1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

aero turbine

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
winnie51189
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aero turbine

I was looking for an exhaust setupfor my avenger and I saw some clips for an aero turbine muffler and was wondering whether I should just get the muffler, resonator or both and what the differences are with each setup. Oh yeah and is dual exhaust possible on a 96 2.0L. thanks in advance guys.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:36 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: aero turbine

I wouldn't recommend this muffler....you don't even need a muffler if you're considering the Aero...just run a straight pipe.

A dual exhaust setup for a 2.0L....yeah, I suppose you can do this, but I wouldn't use piping bigger than the stock pipes. Backpressure and non-turbo cars go hand and hand so going with big piping will just cause loss of backpressure and loss of power anywhere in the 420As power band.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
winnie51189

so basically you are saying that just running straight pipes or duals is better than running the Aero muffler and/or resonator. So then what size is the stock exhaust pipe and what about running a flowmaster 80 because I already have one from my last car and was wondering if there was a diagram of the exhaust so I could see where it is best to place it.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

This is the Aero designed muffler. You can see straight through this thing. There's only minor differences between this and a straight pipe and that's the perforations and another pipe which acts as the resonator chamber.

Here's what a normal muffler looks like on the inside.

As you can see, you won't be able see through the traditional muffler. The Aero is a straight pipe with perforations into a resonator chamber, so, the exhaust pulses only a small portion into the resonator chamber.
What I'm saying is that you might as well skip the muffler and just run a straight pipe instead of wasting money on the Aero muffler. Don't take that as me saying to not buy a muffler though, because you will most likely annoy the neighbors as you come home or leave and will probably get a ticket for loud noise.

I also wouldn't try to run duals because you have a 2.0L, it doesn't even make that big of a difference in a 3.0L V6.

I don't know if you know how the exhaust works and by no means am I saying that you don't know, but I will link you to a site that explains the exhaust system and the resonator for you.
The link I posted will start at the resonator portion since I've talked about the muffler already...but there is more about the exhaust system in the link.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler4.htm

Old 02-06-2007, 12:11 AM
winnie51189

Thanks for the link, it was a great article.I do know how the exhaust worksI guess Ijust really wanted some of the others opinions from the site. So what do you think about me putting my flowmaster 80 on it, because I have one I just can't figure out how to get it off of my other car. The car it's currently on is a 94 dodge intrepid but the transmission went outso it's out of comission. I got all the bracketry used to hand the muffler and everything off but I can't seem to get the muffler off of the exhaust pipe itself and I know for a fact it's not welded on. I think it's just because it's so cold the the pipes are too tight to get it off and the only way I can think of getting it off is using a torch to heat it up enough to loosen the muffler from the pipe and them use something to hit it off. Unfortunately I do not have access to a torch of any type and can't think of anything else that would produce enough heat to get anything accomplished.Have any ideas?

Quick Reply: aero turbine