1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

keyless entry??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: keyless entry??

i have a question when i bought my car it came with something like it had an alarm sort of like there was a switch in the glov box when i fliped it it mad a noise and every time i flipped it it was diff ex: 1 flip it beed 2nd fliped it beep 3 times then 3rd flip it went off but i was sure what it was. then my clutch went and when cottman fixed it the alarm wouldnt allow my car to start and i had to touch metal with the solinoid for a couple of days to start it then i had a friend rip out the alarm i guess i also cut the wire to the speaker that makes noise i mean it doesnt go off or nething i think everything is still there not hooked up but i was just curious what it was

Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
ls_monk
Default RE: keyless entry??

I found the black box for the keyless. Bought a new remote from the Dealer cost me $141.00 CAN. They wanted to charge me $35 to program it I laughed and said no thanx . 35 bucks for a 1 minute job. I did it in the parking lot honestly took that long. Works great would be nice if it could make some audible sound when it locked. Anyways looking into that. I just got the work manuals on the car Vol 1 and Vol 2 so going to look at putting wiring one up.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
avenger21
Default 97 avenger

i have a 97 avenger when i bought it the lady i got it off told me that it has a keyless entry but she had it disabled because it was causeing the car to not start how can i get the keyless entry working {note} 1997 dodge avenger 2.0 litre 4 cylinder 2 door 5 speed and i dont even think it has power locks but who knows someone please help me figure out how to enable it not my horn doesnt work either maybe it has something to do with it

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Factory keyless will not prevent the car from starting ... If it doesn't have power locks you can't have keyless

Quick Reply: keyless entry??