1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Problem with Transmission :icon_doh:

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Mikee06
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Transmission :icon_doh:

Hello I'm having a Hard time figuring out what is going on with my transmission... It leaks on the side of the transmission block underneath the car I have took apart the transmission & replace seals & put everything back together & had the car lifted off the ground having someone underneath the car watch for leaks when I'm shifting into all the Gears after 10mins Later it still Drips on the side of the Transmission block can any Help me out what it might be? I have to keep adding transmission fluid after 3 or 4 days a whole bottle of it or 2.... I really love my Car I have upgraded so many things now I have this problem dont no if that good or bad?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Mikee06
Amateur

??? Nobody seems no to know what problem I'm having?? I have to ask is there another car like these Cars if the Automatic transmission block would fit my 2.5L V6 Motor?? I was kinda talking to a friend & he told me the block might have a Crack in it not for sure but would like to know if there is another car transmission block I could take off & use??

Chrysler Sebring 1995 - 2000
Dodge Avenger 1995 - 2000
Eagle Talon 1995 - 1999
Mitsubishi Eclipse 1995 - 1999
Mitsubishi Galant 1994 - 1998

Old 05-06-2012, 04:05 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

venge , sebring coupe same years cirrus stratus with the 2.5 motors use the same tranny
some chrysler/dodge/plymouth minivans use the A604 tranny as well
Since I do not know what tranny block you need

Old 05-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Mikee06
Amateur

oh ya dang that alot of cars how could I tell what kind I have?? does it have a number on the block or something?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:07 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have an A604 tranny , I have no idea what part you need I need a picture as mentioned before I'm not a mind reader...

Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Mikee06
Amateur

oh ya how did you notice I have a A604 just quess or something? & bout the picture thing I mention before what kinda picture you needed you never said anything but I already mention what problem I'm having I replace seal & put everything back together & 10mins later after pushing on gas & shifting into all gears it leaks on the side of the block underneath... I dont know if the block is crack or what cause we couldn't tell it sprays all over underneath when I drive the exhaust smokes

Old 05-07-2012, 12:52 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Because bad venge owns a avenger just like i do. All the automatics are A604 transmissions. Thats how he knows, your car has a A604 transmission. That transmission also is known as a 41TE too. Which side is the transmission case is leaking from, If its between the block and bellhousing. That would be front pump assy leaking, if its above the solenoid pack. The case is cracked and need to be replaced, if its the bulkhead/firewall side either the case is cracked or the inspection cover for the diff is leaking.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Mikee06
Amateur

oh ya ok I was just trying to figure out how he could tell but thanks for the heads up...
Which side is the transmission leaking on when looking at the Motor with everything together its on the left Side...When I took it apart to replace the seal & putting it back together on the side of the block where you have to put that plate there where dirt dont get in there I quess what my friend said but I can see that thing turning inside the transmission & it leaks on the side of the Block where you can see inside the transmission... cant tell if its coming from inside the block where we took out seal & replace or what & I dont have any Pictures Bad Venge I would post some Srry bud

Last edited by Mikee06; 05-07-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Mikee06
Amateur

I dont think it is the solenoid pack dont see any leaking there just underneath the car on left side where you put it back together is where its leaking drips not stop... I dont know what bulkhead/firewall is or bellhousing or front pump assy is... I try looking up images on my transmission block cant find anything to see what it looks like...

Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

If the leak is coming out of that plate, Which is called a inspection cover. That tell me and the others a lot. Your leak could be the front pump seals, torque converter seal or the torque converter itself. Which i have seen. It rare that the torque converter would be leaking. The engine block will not leak transmission fluid.

Quick Reply: Problem with Transmission :icon_doh: