1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

I got the Dakota a big brother!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like the roof is the only ruff part of the body. That is a nice Ford. And I hate Fords. Now sell the POS 2wd and drop in the 408 in the 4wd and fix up the Ford.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:40 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowthedakota
and he parks on the curb,,,i thought i was the only one who did that lol
Lol, I did that on purpose. My yard is so flat its the only way to get any sort of flex out of it... no matter how small the flex is :P

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Looks like the roof is the only ruff part of the body. That is a nice Ford. And I hate Fords. Now sell the POS 2wd and drop in the 408 in the 4wd and fix up the Ford.
The roof isn't bad... just surface rust that will get wire-wheeled off in the next week or so and primed. Its the bed that really rough. The bed floor has some rust holes in it and the wheel wells are rusted out. I'm actually going to look for a whole new bed rather than try to repair that one. The cab wouldn't be hard to repair what little rust is in it.

I've already given up the 2wd project and went back to my original plan with that truck. I've sold everything but the body... frame, transmission, engine, etc. and I'm going to use the bed and some of the other body panels and fix the 4x4's body up a bit nicer than I did 2 years ago. That was the whole reason I had gotten that truck in the first place before I got sidetracked with other plans :P. So as far as the 408 is concerned, I'm not going to build it quite as nasty as I originally planned, since it will be a low revving motor in the 4x4 and not the high revving motor I was thinking about a while ago. So that build shouldn't cost as much money as I originally thought, which means it might actually get done in the next year.

But, once I get the SAS done, the Ford is getting taken off the road for body/paint and interior work. I'm going to paint the outside and the dashboard midnight metallic blue, and the rest of the interior is going to be replaced with tan. I've been looking through the '73-'79 Ford Truck LMC Trucks catalog for parts :P

Last edited by 95_318SLT; 07-01-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my uncle had a 79', he was going to sell it to me for 25$ cuz the motor was on its way out. i would have taken it but at teh time i knew nothing about cars...lol

are you going to restore it and drive it around on weekends type of deal?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 AM
issakar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For $25, i would have taken it! lol. My only issue would be a place to keep it after i got it :-o lol the city gets kranky when you have too many vehicles sitting around (and if you dont mow the lawn right away and for a million other reasons. turds)

Old 07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Auron
Veteran

thats why i live out in the country

Old 07-01-2010, 11:49 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by issakar
the city gets kranky when you have too many vehicles sitting around (and if you dont mow the lawn right away and for a million other reasons. turds)
i know how that is... i got threatened with an impound if i wouldn't have gotten my truck in the garage. but this was back when i did the auto to manual swap

Old 07-04-2010, 06:39 AM
LO 619
Captain

Nice truck! you got a fun future project on your hands.

I have dropped the stupid dodge > ford thing. Fords are good trucks and have some great body styles 50's, 60's, 70's, & 80's.

Last edited by LO 619; 07-04-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 AM
dobaroy
Veteran

Man . . . you stole that one. Looks Badass!

Quick Reply: I got the Dakota a big brother!