1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Slam dunk...good road trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 AM
tmacdakota
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slam dunk...good road trip

Been looking for a camper top for my 93 LE club cab with 5.2L 4WD V8. Was talking to an old friend long distance and we started talking trucks. He drove a 93 back in the day...a brand new one. Told him I thought I was driving his old truck and mentioned finding a camper top. He said haul buns over here cause the old lady wants my old topper gone soon. Long story short, I gassed up the Dak, did a 400 mile roundtrip road trip yesterday and got the camper top. Fits like a glove. I checked mpg on the first leg of the trip and was surprised to find that the old Dak will make 19.4 mpg down the road at 68-70 mph with the tach steady at 18K or 19K...not bad for an old grinder with 182K miles on the clock. Haven't checked the return mpg yet, I'll post up the mileage after I get gas again. Sweet road mileage since it only gets about 14 in town...I was hoping for 15-16 on the road, max. Woo-hoo!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice deal. And great MPG on that V8. I will move this to the 1st Gen. General talk sub forum.

Quick Reply: Slam dunk...good road trip