1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Well my offroading partner is dead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Well my offroading partner is dead!!!

Bye Bye my 4 month old 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4 V6 with Great MPG's! And a body on a frame design. Not a stupid Unibody design.

Well today I was just on my way to get lunch. I was at least within a mile from my house.

We were on a one way the Jeep GC next to me decided to merge into my lane. We were pretty much bumper to bumper. If she looked out her window she would of saw me.

She hit my front fender with hers, she did it forcefully. That threw me to the side and up the curb and ran over 2 street signs and hit a tree. Thank God I was able to swerve to the side enough to keep hitting the tree dead on. I hit the tire and fender. It probably tore up the steering components.

I was fine. But I had my 1 1/2 year old with me. Thank God she is okay the car seat did its job. I got out cussing out the chick for trying to kill her. Some teenager!

A witness said my back end totally lifted in the air and looked like it was going to flip when I hit the tree. I could of also easily flipped sideways due to the steep hill and the hitting the tree could of pushed it over.

Who know what the Insurance company will do. I hope it is fixable, but I bet it will be considered a total loss. And you know they never give you what it is worth, those damn cheats!!

Here are the pics! The Jeep has little damage due to it just hit me. All of my damage is due to outside sources.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 07-26-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DAAAANNNNNGGGGG!!!!!

Good to hear you and your little girl are ok!!

I can't believe people... driving is not a hard thing to do, and neither is turning your head to look.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:19 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad your all right...

Old 07-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Stupied drivers!

Here are a few fun pics of the truck, just to!

Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everytime you post a picture I get jealous of the terrain around you!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

LOL! Good! I need to get into the mountains to get some mountain shots.

I love that snake. There are 2 of them. The bodies are a good 600-700 ft long. Now that is art.

Well I will be jealous of the SAS once it is done. Especially you didn't just do it cheaply.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't see any of the pictures (blocked at work).
Sorry to hear that. Glad that you and your child are safe though! That's what really matters.
Hope that everything works on in the end.

Was this teenager, by chance, texting and driving? (Or, on the phone talking)

Old 07-27-2010, 02:27 PM
DakotaGirlLikesMud
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really glad you guys are ok! I'd throttle anybody who wrecked me with my girl in the truck!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Well today I got the police report. Apparently she was trying to turn north (left) on the cross street when she was far to the right line not in the left lane. So she had to cut through my lane to get there. We were both heading east.

So I gave my statement to her insurance. Now just waiting on her to record her statement then they will make their judgment on who is at fault. (Her of coarse) Then they have to assess the damage, next week sometime. Then negotiate a price, or repair.

I grabbed all of my stuff from the car today including my less then month old Yellow top Optima, and floor mats ect. I had to leave the hitch and radio. I'll make them buy me a new one.

My guess she may have been talking on the phone (Which is illegal here) or something else like you mentioned Dodgerules86. No one really turns to a side street without looking and cut off another lane at full speed and not look. Well drunks do it all the time I guess.

The report also said she is 19 and lives across from where my wife used to live before marriage and right by my work. So I may see her everyday on my way to work. Small world.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 07-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are ya glad it wasn't your dakota? although if it was your dakota it would probly be just a scratch on your truck...lol

Quick Reply: Well my offroading partner is dead!!!