1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

My NEW offroading partner! Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:43 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the np241 or np271 were both used behind the nv4500 depending on whether the transmission was behind a 5.9L gas or 5.9L TD. The problem is, I don't think either of those are "readily available". At least not like the np231. The Atlas transfer case is really expensive, but you have it built to the specifications you need and it wont break!!

Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh Okay. Nv241 sounds good to me. I'm sure I could find it but I know you know already. What years of Rams would have the Nv4500 and nv241 together and separate?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
Huh... in North Carolina, if the front end of a car hits the rear of another car, its the person in backs fault period. So if theyre so close to you that you roll into them, thats not your problem, its theirs... especially when you have a steel bumper! Sorry, but I NEVER and I do mean NEVER ride my clutch to keep my truck stopped. Thats what brakes are for. I'm not going to put that wear on the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel just to stop from backing into some idiot who can't give me room. (I've never actually rolled backwards into anyone though... I know how to drive).
what i meant about riding the clutch is the traffic is so bad that your constantly shifting in and out of gear to stay rolling(even in first. and here in wisconsin it is legal to tailgate people and if they hit you, you can get the ticket for "brake checking them" even if you didn't...its a messed up state which is why i want to move out of here. i don't even bother shifting into first so i start off in second and with the new rearend starting to go on my truck i have to give it some extra gas to keep the back end from locking up.
hell i was brake checked about an hour ago for no reason, and i wasn't tailgating anyone.

Quick Reply: My NEW offroading partner! Pics inside!