1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

TailgatersContinued.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 07:23 PM
DAKOTAJIM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to go tell the owner of the propane company. I'm sure he doesn't want his drivers to drive like this. If he had hit you, by Florida law, he would have been at fault for driving so close. Then it would have been up to the propane company to pay for damages and the last thing they want is to pay higher insurance premiums. Its a good thing you know what to do in a situation like that. Glad your Christmas wasn't ruined.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by DAKOTAJIM
You need to go tell the owner of the propane company. I'm sure he doesn't want his drivers to drive like this. If he had hit you, by Florida law, he would have been at fault for driving so close. Then it would have been up to the propane company to pay for damages and the last thing they want is to pay higher insurance premiums. Its a good thing you know what to do in a situation like that. Glad your Christmas wasn't ruined.
AgreedI will be at the propane companyin the morning. I didnt realize then but it really sunk into Mrs. Newbie. She mentioned three times yesterday we could have been hurt two times, one was the deer second was propane truck.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 PM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Naa see the light trick works on the common ricer tail gaters to solve those real hard core people is to install a flame thrower exhaust kit, Nothing serious you don't want to damage any thing of theirs just to shoot a little blast to shock them thats all, about 3 tablespoon of gas injection should do the trick, it will produce about a foot and a half of flame if shot properly. I have been creatin a flame thrower kit on my dakota which know one else has thought of and is for the fuel injected engine. ( I know you aren't suppose to do it for them) though I found that it can work cause my truck used to back fire and I lit a kid on fire. Also what is the best lights for to use.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:16 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by T.C.
Naa see the light trick works on the common ricer tail gaters to solve those real hard core people is to install a flame thrower exhaust kit, Nothing serious you don't want to damage any thing of theirs just to shoot a little blast to shock them thats all, about 3 tablespoon of gas injection should do the trick, it will produce about a foot and a half of flame if shot properly. I have been creatin a flame thrower kit on my dakota which know one else has thought of and is for the fuel injected engine. ( I know you aren't suppose to do it for them) though I found that it can work cause my truck used to back fire and I lit a kid on fire. Also what is the best lights for to use.
LOL if Itellthisone to Mrs.N shewillfigure out how to stealyour idea and auto ignition a potato cannon in the truck bed.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

i just brake check them...its work some many time because 90% of the people who tailgate me are people with bmw's and mercedes. couple of times it happened to me in a construction zone. i did it to one guy and he never stopped. the second time the lady would slow down then speed up and repeat. she then told me she would shot me for being a horrible driver and i told i will find her and kick her @$$ for saying that. i went home dropped off the groceries and found her about 20 streets down at her work. needless to say she don't work there anymore and she isn't very happy with me...lmao

the light idea would work around here, but a friend of mine put a switch on his brake lights and one day he shut them off and some tailgater hit him. my friend got a new car for that one...lol

Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 AM
oxygen454
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just be careful with the brake light switch idea. A friend of mine worked for the insurance company and they actually can tell if the brake lights were working when the vehicle was hit.

Also they can check to see if the bulb filament was damaged prior to the accident which would show that the light would not have worked when the brakes were applied. (different scenario in this case)

Old 12-28-2010, 07:37 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by oxygen454
Just be careful with the brake light switch idea. A friend of mine worked for the insurance company and they actually can tell if the brake lights were working when the vehicle was hit.

Also they can check to see if the bulb filament was damaged prior to the accident which would show that the light would not have worked when the brakes were applied. (different scenario in this case)
Tecnology at its best insurance. Mrs. Newbie has hit on the solution. She now wants to get a camera like the cops use,record em, with infrared. In the normal situation what is the point but in a situation like the propane truck it would work.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 AM
JDakota92
Veteran

The last guy that tailgated my truck, didn't pay attention to my brake lights being on, and now has a square hole in his ricer front bumper from my hitch, which is always installed just for this reason!

Last edited by JDakota92; 12-29-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM
T.C.
Professional

Originally Posted by 89newbie
LOL if Itellthisone to Mrs.N shewillfigure out how to stealyour idea and auto ignition a potato cannon in the truck bed.
I don't mind really, though if she doesn't want the flame job she could have the noise job. My truck creates such a loud backfire that you can hear it three blocks away, and a small burst of flame pops out. It won't blow your muffler up hasn't with mine yet.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by T.C.
I don't mind really, though if she doesn't want the flame job she could have the noise job. My truck creates such a loud backfire that you can hear it three blocks away, and a small burst of flame pops out. It won't blow your muffler up hasn't with mine yet.
I like the last word " Yet" rofl