1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Nothing better than peeling paint.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha I need to do on some major body work this summer, I am working two jobs just so I can get enough money for her, thats how much she means to me lol. Pretty soon, bought some subs for it never been a sound system guy myself but what the heck, and I have my brother going to make me a authentic front air dam, for my truck plus I am going to convince him on side skirts, pretty soon I won't going to be on this thread since there won't be any more rust left lol... Just maybe

Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Rabid21
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T.C.
See what does us in for up in canada with the rust isn't the heat or humidity, but salt for winter. Its like 2 pounds of salt for 1 pound of ice, and since we get winter for best part of the year it accumulates to alot of salt. I redid my front bumper and put that rust off paint and stuff, and it still manage to get a little rust on though only surface rust so I am happy, it can be taken off easy.
Luckily for me in BC Canada where I'm from the environmentalists won against salt. They use dirt lol Doesn't work that great but saves alot of rust from forming on my stuff :P

Old 05-21-2011, 04:04 AM
rick5.2

My '93 I just got had some serious peel, started to rust on the hood. The roof too. They're all like that?

Old 05-21-2011, 12:39 PM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya most of them are like that, wear the hood and roof peel, though some get the side of the body aswell. and lucky for you that you guys use dirt, I think it could be kinda hard driving in the mountains with just dirt. Though we all done it before lol.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Rabid21
Veteran

Originally Posted by T.C.
Ya most of them are like that, wear the hood and roof peel, though some get the side of the body aswell. and lucky for you that you guys use dirt, I think it could be kinda hard driving in the mountains with just dirt. Though we all done it before lol.
It can be very fun at times When you can get away from the people who use bald all seasons for winter at least lol.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
DarkKnite2009
Professional

amen..... i go north to snowboard every winter....

Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Soldak

i live in the south Florida area, due to all the salt air we get the people who stay on the beach always have rust issues. every car i've owned i've had to do some sort of rust away procedure lol

Old 07-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Motorcharge
Professional

yep...

5e937ac5.jpg?t=1310856341

Been meaning to start getting the dents out of it and getting it ready for painting and painting it but it's been like 100*+ here lately and I work without a/c all day anyway.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Lemmy
Amateur

Wow, only just discovered this thread. But all I can say is... wow. And I thought my paint was bad.... only to discover this is a standard Dakota thing. And that my truck is not in such a bad shape after all. I am amazed. I'll post up a pic soon I guess.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:46 PM
gezn2
Amateur
Default I belong here too...

Snapped a pic with the phone after some troubleshooting a little bit ago.
I don't know much history on this truck, walked into a dealer one morning after another late-to-work thanks to the POS I was driving and asked the lot guy what he had on Death Row. After some conversation it turned out they'd just taken this Dak in trade the day before and I got to test drive it before the detail kid laid a hand on it, it had some issues and probably would have been on its way to the auction so we made a petty good deal for cash, that sucker was MINE inside a couple of hours, they even detailed it and put one of their decals on the tailgate
Its a '91, 3.9, 5-speed, odo now reads over 270k but it's had a fresh engine at some point, they didn't mickey-mouse the changeover the only real giveaway is all the rubber friction tape I've been peeling off of the wiring harness. It's had an Earl Scheib level repaint on the hood and roof, that's peeling at the edges and the cowl too
My Dak may not be the prettiest one around, but it does everything a small truck should and gave me just over 20MPG at the last fill-up. As standard my gas gauge has never worked the whole time I've owned it, that trip-odo comes in damn handy

Attached Thumbnails Nothing better than peeling paint.-082711120709.jpg  

Quick Reply: Nothing better than peeling paint.