1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

A few original ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few original ideas.

Alright so I spend a lot of time of thinking of ways to make my dak my own and I do some of the usual mods too.

The other night me and my friend were sitting in my truck just listening to the radio. I had the seat reclined back and was staring at my headliner which at the moment is just the insulation.

Now the friend I was with is a graffiti artist (not one of the people that go around tagging peoples businesses) He paints on canvases and such. So i had a thought. I asked him what if I buy a roll of canvas cut it to fit my headliner insulation and glue it on just like any other headliner material then while it's still out set up a drop cloth on my drive way get it to a height for him to work at his best and buy him some paint markers which he said he would rather use appose to spray cans being the headliner isn't the biggest. Or I also have a 200$ detail airbrush kit my dad bought years ago and never used don't know how much paint for it would be.

He said he wouldn't mind and asked what I would want on it and knowing him he works better when he has something in his mind already. So I just said I really don't care just make it awesome.

So after looking around online the best deal on canvas material which comes primed is a 6 ft by 6 yard roll for about 40$ +shipping. a lot more than I need but if I were to buy something about the exact size I need It would have to be a pre made canvas and would spend maybe 15$ less. So I will probably go with the big roll. Can probably manage to post it on craigslist when I'm done with it I mean I'll only need to cut 5 ft off the length and try to sell it for 35$ or so.

Now I haven't been able to find anyone who has done this before on google. although I didn't look into it to extensively.

anyone can voice an opinion on it might take a little bit for me to go through with it because he works nights and sleeps during the day so I'll have to try and work around his schedule.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 AM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I've been slowly changing the interior color of my truck from tan to a charcoal grey. Was thinking about what i could do for the floor. Don't really want carpet and I haven't been able to find a mould of the rubber flooring for these. So was thinking about rhino liner however this takes away the insulation under the carpet. So Would i be able to spray under coat to under the cab to make up for noise insulation? Never worked with the stuff.

Quick Reply: A few original ideas.