1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Lift kit?

when i had my truck 2wd i put the body kit on it. it works. the only thing is the steering shaft is too short so your going to have to weld in a 1in spacer on it. the shifter comes with a spacer in the kit that you weld on. every thing else is okay. just the bumber brackets you have to rig up. Now thats its 4x4 I cracked up the torshin bars that helped. if you have 2wd you can do a spring over coil in the rear and put a coil spacer in the front. dont use the twist in kinds. its a metel spacer in the shape of a coil that goes on the top or the bottom or both of the coil. in my 4wd i put a leaf spring from aram 2500 it lifted it alot. you can buy add a leafs. you can get air shocks. or just cheater spacers.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:02 AM
pashadowops
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: sykosollution

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...ProductID=2433
here's one that I found that says it should work for our body style.
Holy crap, that's more than I paid for the truck[:-]

Old 09-12-2007, 09:08 AM
sykosollution

well like i said...unfortunately suspension lifts for this sucker ain't cheap. peckens was right when he (or she), said body lifts are the cheap way to go if you're just lookin for a more aggressive stance. but that'll end up costin you a little more if you don't want your truck lookin goofy from the space by the bumper. I guess that's just the price we first gen folks gotta pay to touch the sky.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Wick93

I cranked on my t-bars and put the add-a-leafs on the rear plus a two inch body lift. I then went with the newer 15" Dakata/Durago 8" wheel with 32's and it look good. I just ordered the 2" lift t-bar keys and blocks from Ebay and will be installing that soon. Those set me back $150 so it was worth a shot. Has anyone used these?

Old 09-12-2007, 04:27 PM
pashadowops
Veteran

I was looking to lift my 95 next spring but, I bought an 89 Mustang instead. Now I have two project vehicles...what was I thinkin'[&:]

Quick Reply: Lift kit?