1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Dies and will not start again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
93 V8 Dakota 4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dies and will not start again?

Ok this is another post, following the post about bad computer wiring harness..... The update is I inspected and traced just about everywire under the hood I could. I was able to start the truck and kill it everytime. Well if you pushed down on the big plug that goes into the PCM the truck would die, so I made a braket to push up on the plug and I could not get it to die, I drove it for an hour, over bumps, on the freeway and it was good! Well this morning I got about a block from my house and it died AGAIN and WOULD NOT START!!!!!!!!!! I'm so ready to get rid of this truck! I messed with it, unhooked the battery and got it started. What the heck can be wrong? Should I resolder the 3 redwires under the junction block to be safe? I looked at them and they seemed to be ok, but maybe they do need to be resoldered. I did find a PCM plug at the wrecking yard and splicing that in I think is the next step.

Quick Reply: Dies and will not start again?