1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

R134 Recharge and a new/used gas tank.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:28 PM
JohnTheodore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R134 Recharge and a new/used gas tank.

https://dodgeforum.com/upfiles/948/A...59A1DFA4FB.jpg ... Is that the receiver/drier?

If there is not enough pressure in the system, the low pressure switch will not close...this will cause the compressor the stay in the off position and the freon in the recharge can will not be drawn into the system.

Locate the reciver/dryer (it's usually an aluminum canister mounted vertically)...on top of the dryer is a connector with two wires. Disconnect the connector and use a small piece of wire to connect the two wires at that harness....this will by-pass the switch and get the compressor clutch engage and draw the freon into the system when the truck is running....make sure the fan is on high.
So connect the two wires at the top of that black can thing?

Iraqvet yea, I have a kit just like that. And my connector only fit onto one valve, and it wasn't physically lower than another valve that looks like it was connected to the AC system. It's "low pressure" right? not physically lower? The valve I connected to and filled up was pretty high. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and send it here. But it was the only one I could access. No other valves would connect. This is a 1995 Dodge Dakota, 3.9L V6, I thought vehicles this new only had R134?

I'll go under the vehicle and check to see if there is any power via a multimeter, and I"ll take the wire going to the fuel sending unit and attach it to ground, and see if the gauge does anything.

Crazy4xRT yea I went to pepboys and asked them about an AC recharge, and they told me to get R134

Old 09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
iraqvet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R134 Recharge and a new/used gas tank.

yes, place a jumper wire at that connector and the fan clutch will engage...I'll send you a picture this eveningif you are on doubt.

I'm not sure when Dodge started with R143...there should be a stickerunder the hood that says what freon it uses (my 1993 has R12). If only one connector will fit, you probably have the R134 system....on the R12 systems, both the high and low pressure valves are the same size.

Quick Reply: R134 Recharge and a new/used gas tank.