1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Dakota 4x4 center cap

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 01:17 AM
freakinoldguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota 4x4 center cap

Hi folks,

I'm new here and would just like to say that I'm glad I found this forum. Hopefully it will help solve any problems I have with my 88 Dakota.

Anyway just a bit about me before I start asking questions.I just got rid of a great but extremely rusty 87 Ford F150 and picked up an nice 88 Dakota LE 4x4 from my brother inlaw for dirt cheap. This is the second dodge i've owned and was pleased to find it was the 3.9 litre engine which I new from my 77 D150 that had the 318 in it.

So far I've had the rear brakes redone and will do the front end soon. But from an asthetic point of veiw I love the look of the truck except for one little thing. I'm missing one of the center covers for the wheels, it's a black one with a dodge ram on it. I went to the dealer and got it priced out. It came in at $89.95 for one plastic cover, which I thought was excessive, so the question I have, is does anyone know where else I could look for one of these things that might be a reasonable price? I've been to everywrecker around and no one seems to have one.

Any help in finding one would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
F.O.G.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Dakota 4x4 center cap

Try ebay motors. I know they have the early 90s caps but dont know about the 88s just check it out

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
freakinoldguy

Thanks,

I just looked on EBAY and they had nothing remotely resemling the ones I've got on my Truck. I guess I'll keep looking at the wreckers here and over on the mainland and maybe I'll get lucky. You would have thought that there'd be an after market dealer for thing like that though.

F.O.G.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Nicegy525
Veteran

do search online for people who re-condition wheels. They may have one

Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 PM
freakinoldguy

Thanks again,

I'll give it a shot. If not Maybe I can pick up a set of 4 from somewhere else.

F.O.G.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM
RobertMc
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread but i thought it would be better to ask in a similar thread than to create a new one.

I have a set of 4 caps from a 1990 with steel wheels. They are held on by friction against the wheel nuts.

I would like to switch to a set of factory mags that i have but the caps from the steel wheel won't fit tight due to the smaller lug nut heads.

Any idea on if different lugs nuts are available, that would have larger heads but still have a shank that will fit in the recess in the factory mags ? or maybe washers in the recess then normal lug nuts without the shanks ?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm sure there are. Check with most auto parts stores or any tire/rim specialty shop.

And it is always best to start a new thread since you are not the thread starter.

Quick Reply: Dakota 4x4 center cap