1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

new to the forum- just got 94 dakota sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:21 PM
jimerone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forum- just got 94 dakota sport

i just got a 94 dakota sport. 2x4. v6. hinged hard cover. extra set of rims/snow tires..stick. clean.

it has HIGH miles.. 185k. however the previous owner was a "mechanic" who claims the motor was rebuilt .. new clutch... exhaust.. tires.. brakes..no fluid leaks.. seems to run good. (so far)

there is no rust anywhere but the rear driver side fender (and there is VERY little there but i can see its starting) and the windshield is cracked.

i was consittering fixing the rust and putting fender flares on but the prices were outragous.

what can i expect from this year dakota? it seems to have been kept up with.

any good places online to get parts?

i got this truck for $1400.. does that sound reasonable?

thanks

Old 10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
iraqvet
Professional
Default RE: new to the forum- just got 94 dakota sport

There afew common problems under the FAQ section at the top of this forum section, other than that post your problem here and we will try to help. I have 283k on mine (with less than 500 ona rebuild)...needless to say they are pretty reliable. As far as parts, eBay is an option....there are other sites like rockauto.com, ect- they are all imported reproduction parts anyway.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:53 PM
codydakota
Captain

you got a good deal, they are very reliable trucks, fix the rust and the windshield and you'll be golden

Old 11-20-2007, 07:54 AM
greatdane68

Sounds like you got a good deal! I have a 94 4x4, extended cab, 318, auto, and I love it. Mine just rolled over 154k and still doesn't use a drop of oil. The only thing I can think of on the v6 is, there have been a couple of friends of mine that had trouble with the distributor bushings wearing out and trashing the distributor. Other than that, they have all been reliable trucks. Good luck!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
V8DAKOTAV8
Rookie

The Dakota's are reliable period. I had an '88 with the 3.9, 5spd, and 4WD and that had 197,000mi on it and it still runs like a top. I gave it to my father when i moved to NC so he could use it for a hunting/firewood truck. My father also has a '00 with the 3.9 and that has over 145,000mi and the only major thing he has had to do to it is replace the soft plugs in the block about 3 years ago, however it was at no fault to the truck. the previous owner didnt mix the antifreze well and the block froze. luckily, nothing else happened to it.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Danny~G
Rookie

just keep up on the basic matanice and she should get over 400,000 easy my buddy from work has his at 440k with loads of rust thuo but fired up every time its the v6

Quick Reply: new to the forum- just got 94 dakota sport