1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

problem with the blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 PM
beaplaya15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with the blower

hey everyone, well this morning i go hop in my truck to warm it up, everything starts up normal. Then oin my way down the road I go to flip on my heat, nothing is blowing out of the vents. I try cold and nothing. I dint know if my blower went, or its just a fuse. I dont know the fuse numbers for the truck since i dont have a manual [:@]. If someone can tell me a fuse number or give me some advice on how easy it is to replace, i would grately appreciate it cause I think it went. o yea, it's a 1995 Dokata sport 3.9

Thanks for the Help as always
~Mike~

Old 12-21-2007, 05:18 PM
iraqvet
Professional
Default RE: problem with the blower

Borrow, buy or steal a multimeter and check for power that the blower motor resistor. Chances are the resistor is rusted and is not sending power to the motor...look under the FAQ section for additional information

Old 12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
alterboy
Rookie

Got to the auto store buy a fuse kit. It will have a test light and fuses in it. Check your fuses. If that dosent help then dig further. Don't tear into the blower housing unless it is necessary. I replaced the one on my 96 dak without taking out the dash. Ikes It was no fun at all. It turned out to be a short. I never found the short even after I took out the dash so I just ran awire and switchto the blower from an open fuse slot. With my blower it was a part called the Blower motor resistor block. That is what the dealershipcalls it. I looked at mine it had aburnt connector. I replaced it and the blower worked about five minutes till it blew again. I deffinately have a short. Under your hood on the firewall on the right side of the truck (on your left looking at it from the front) you will see a little square thing with wires going into it. It will have two little screws holding it in. That is it. It is just below the hood line on the back firewall. pull it out and look at it. try jumping the wires to check if it is bad. DO NOT run it for very long. you may catch the truck on fire. There is a lot of resistance threre. That is what controlls the flow of electricity to you blower adjusting theblower speed. If this dosen't help then pulling the dash may be the only option.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:37 AM
onephatcracka
Rookie

i have the same issue with my 94. the connector block is burnt and corroded. sometimes it works on certain speeds and sometimes it doesn't. same issue happens with the headlight switch. I have already done that.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
harsensis

I have the same problem and for years I was able to pull that plug on the firewall, to the left when you open the hood, and plug it back in, the blower would work fine for a while until that plug would loosen up again. I just cleaned the plug out of all the grime to see if it will stay connected, in another thread I asked for help how to get my plug to stay in, it pops out all the time now. Good Luck

Old 01-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Nicegy525
Veteran

most common causes are the resistor or a fuse. although it is possible a mouse crawled into the blower assembly and made a home...

Quick Reply: problem with the blower