1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New Mods Pictures (NOW POSTED!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:30 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coming soon! New Mods Pictures

Looks great. Nice work. [8D]

Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
alterboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jetnoise,
I just took an extendable utility knife and cut a little plastic away to make room for the bulb to fit and for the locks to fit when I turned them. I didn't have to cut away very much but I also had to modify the bulb portion a little to catch the plastic when I turned it.It still is water tight.

Thanks OneBadKota

If I had a garage I would change out the old v6 and put in an 8 but that will come sometime later.
My next project will to get thetop repainted and get a new tailgate and have it painted. Around here nobody wants to just paint, They want the wrecked vehicles to fix. More money for them I guess. I am going to the new powdercoat company to get my factory chromerims highlighted with the same color as my truck. I think it would be neat. Iv'e never seen it before but it sounds cool. My truck is greenand silver at the rockers what color should I use for the rims?

As for the dash kit I would recommend paint. Not an overlay for two reasons. Dash trims aren't always perfect.And,if you paint your dash and don't like it. Then you can repaint it. The dash trims are permanent.
Iv'e contcted BD Trims twice to chat about it, but they never responded. So I don't reccomend it.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Bad96_3.9
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i painted over my fake looking wood trim with black. It turned out pretty good, now i want to put maroon edges around it to go with the trucks color.

Quick Reply: New Mods Pictures (NOW POSTED!!!)