1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New to the forum and have some questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 AM
MoparMuscle318
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum and have some questions..

I finally took the time to register after reading the forum for about..3 months lol. I can already tell alot of you really know your stuff and thats helpful since I dont get help from my buddies because they drag on me about driving a Dodge..

Well first off I drive a 94 MARKIII Dakota with the 318 with 121,xxx miles. (Thank god for family friends..I got it for just $500 [sm=wootwoot.gif])

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...9169/truck.jpg

I had a few questions that I've really been looking into with no avail.

1. How can I be POSITIVE my truck has the limited-slip option? I've jacked up the rear end and spun tires and both spun..but IDK if that's exactly foolproof.

2. Is there anywhere I can buy a brushguard and SMALL cowl hood for my truck? I cant find ANYTHING.

3. What are some cheaper ways to attain some more horsepower and torque that I can accomplish myself? I have a relatively OK mechanical knowledge and all the tools to do it.

4. Would a Thrush glasspack sound good? I currently have a Flowmaster 40 on but I want something louder..that will only get louder lol.

5. WHY DOES MY GAS MILEAGE SUCK SO BAD?? Yes, I know its a V8, and the limited-slip probably doesnt help..but my friend has a 94 1500 ext. cab long bed with the 5.2 and he gets 15mpg...yet I only get about 220-250 miles off my 22gal tank?? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot..I'm glad I finally took the time to register lol. [sm=smiley1.gif]

Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: New to the forum and have some questions..

1 - Do a burnout

2 - Brush Guard --- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94...spagenameZWDVW

Cowl Hood --- http://www.carhoods.com/

3 - Intake, CAI, colder plugs, better wires, headers, long list really.

4 - I'm not a fan of Glasspacks, I'd recommend Magnaflows.

5 - Probably just need a tune-up? Check the air filter, clean it out. Flush the system with seafoam, keep your foot out of it.

Could be a Winter fuel mix dropping the MPG as well.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:16 PM
pembroke dude
Professional

How r u doing today? lol at do a burn out . The best way to tell if it has a posi is to pull the diff cover and look. The next best way is to raise and support the rear wheels off the ground. Leave the truck in park and try to rotate the drivers rear wheel by hand . If it has a traclock rear diff u won't be able to rotate it or you should have an amazeing amount of resistance . The track lock in my truck can not be rotated by hand this indicates that it is working very well . A little note for ya , if its a posi you should change the fluid and use mopar additive if u don't know when it was last done.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 PM
MoparMuscle318

When I've done burnouts I do leave two tire lines..so I assume that means I have the limited-slip?

Now how to tell if I have limited-slip or posi?

And I recently did a tune up..air cleaner, plugs, wires, oil change, trans fluid..I think I forgot to check the cap and rotor though..

Quick Reply: New to the forum and have some questions..