1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:44 AM
punkrock87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Chip

I just bought a performance chip from ebay to put in my truck.
This is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...spagenameZWDVW

It goes where my IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor is, andit makes a lot of claims to boost my horsepower, torque, and gas mileage. I installed it in my truck for a short amount of time and did notice a small improvement when driving. (maybe wishful thinking). I removed it after about 4 miles for fear of damaging my truck.

Does anyone know if this thing works, what it does, and if it is safe to leave in my truck? Any help or advice would kick ***! Thanks guys.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Performance Chip

These have been talked about before. Check out http://www.v8performance.com/tipsand....htm#timingkit
These chips are no more than a resitor from radioshack. You can buy 10 of them for 99cents.
Some do say they work some say they dont. There suposto lower the reading from the sensor so the computer will think its colder than it is so it will richen up the fuel. Now if any gains are there it will be 5 or so. not 65 like they say. A super charger will give you 65 or so.
You can also try this with the coolent sensor too. I have bought one from radio shack and hooked it up to the iat and coolent and it did feel just a little better. but I could smell it running rich. so to me it was not worth having my truck smell like its a rust bucket for 5 horsepower or so.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM
fox
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Performance Chip

ORIGINAL: Crazy4x4RT

These have been talked about before. Check out http://www.v8performance.com/tipsand....htm#timingkit
These chips are no more than a resitor from radioshack. You can buy 10 of them for 99cents.
Some do say they work some say they dont. There suposto lower the reading from the sensor so the computer will think its colder than it is so it will richen up the fuel. Now if any gains are there it will be 5 or so. not 65 like they say. A super charger will give you 65 or so.
You can also try this with the coolent sensor too. I have bought one from radio shack and hooked it up to the iat and coolent and it did feel just a little better. but I could smell it running rich. so to me it was not worth having my truck smell like its a rust bucket for 5 horsepower or so.
Amen! not worth it!
Friend mine put one of these in his s-10 had probley 5hp at first but it eventully went away after not to long

Quick Reply: Performance Chip