1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

U-joints replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
fwtc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U-joints replacement

if you guys don't have problems then i agree, they are tough enough. i do have a question about them though, i checked the shed and found two joints off a comanchee i had. the joints are the same size but one has shorter caps, the caps are the same diameter though. i also noticedthe clips goon the inside on one and the outside on the other, is this what you mean by a smaller joint? if so there should be no loss in strength just a different design.i did look under thedakota just to be 100% sure and they are the exact same.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
DukeSupes
Captain

No, the smaller u-joint is smaller in diameter and in caps size. Meaning that you couldnt take the rear joint and remove the caps and even begine to put it in the yoke. Trust me there is no way that you could ever begin to interchange the two.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
fwtc
Professional

thanks dukesupes,mines an 89 and its always good to know what parts will or won't fit from the later models because i'm always lookin' for them.

Quick Reply: U-joints replacement