1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1 Wiper Arm Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 06:06 PM
sshep79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 Wiper Arm Not Working

Help! Have a 96 Dakota. The driver side wiper blade/arm does not move. however, the passenger side works fine. Any ideas?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:24 PM
GMsucks
Record Breaker
Default RE: 1 Wiper Arm Not Working

Could be a couple of things.
1) wiper arm stripped where it attaches to the transmission. Remove the wiper arm and verify that the lil stud is still rotating. If it is clean the splines and reinstall with some blue loctite. If not see#2
2) Wiper transmission roached. Probably came apart under the cowl. R&R wiper transmission.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:14 PM
hwystar
Default RE: 1 Wiper Arm Not Working

Hi I have a 94 that the very same thing happened to. I had to replace the drivers side post. This is the peice that the wiper arm attaches to. Not a big deal to fix. For some reason it is two pieces an inner and an outer and your has done the same thin mine did and loosened up. this is not a cheap peice but tryinf to screw around making the old one work is just not worth the hassel. If you have any questions on how to do this just ask. Once you know how ( like I do now) it is a 15-20 min job. Hwystar.

Quick Reply: 1 Wiper Arm Not Working