1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help help help!!! Proportioning valve issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
firebutterfly07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help help help!!! Proportioning valve issues

Hey guys,

Anybody got a diagram for a 1992 Dakota hydraulic/proportioning valve???
Mine is leaking from the seal, and my buddy that helps me with the mechanic work is talking about loosening the valve and pushing the seal back in place for the time being. Those parts cost over $300 from the dealership and none of the other parts places can get it, aside from the fact that I can't afford it right now.
Is trying to push the seal back in even a good idea for a temp fix? The truck will brake, but I have an interview in Atlanta on Friday, I'm driving from Western NC and I know the truck is no good for bad traffic....plus I can afford to have another wreck.
What can I do to fix this for temp...if anything...PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm a dead duck in the water!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
truck$

Sure i say try it you cant hert anything make sure to bleed the system if it requires it im not to sure.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
firebutterfly07
Talking thanks for the reply

I always freak out too early on this stuff...but I don't like it when anything poopsout of my truck. We loosened the screws and the seal slipped right back into place, then we tightened everything back up real good. When I was fiddling with it, the screws seemed loose to begin with and so that may have caused the seal to pop out. We bled the system directly from that valve and everything is working peachy now!

Quick Reply: Help help help!!! Proportioning valve issues