1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 won`t run

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 93dak4x4
Crank sensor is located at back of engine on passenger side. It has two hex capscrews that bolt to engine and then sensor drops down through small opening into bell housing of tranny.
Correct! Here this may help.

Attached Thumbnails 93 won`t run-er.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
skitruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx for the help!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 93 5.2 years ago and something similar happened to me. On the back of the passenger side head, there is a bolt that grounds the engine to the chasis. Mine fell out and the engine died.

Hope it helps

Old 10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
JMINN

I replaced the crank position sensor today. No joy. I had measured the sense lead of he old sensor with a voltmeter; it stayed a 5 volts during crank. I had also checked the cam position sensor the same way and had pulsating voltage on crank. I have not been able to find a wiring diagram to check the voltages at the computer. Any ideas?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
JMINN
Default Still won`t start

I replaced the crank position sensor, but it still will not start. I measured the voltage on the sense lead of the new sensor and it barely moves from zero as the engine is cranked, certainly no where near 5 volts. I removed the sensor from the bell housing and passed a magnet under it and it would toggle the sense line from 0 to 5 volts. I reinstalled the orginal sensor and it too would toggle 0 to 5. The voltages were checked at the sensor plug and at the computer, so I am sure the wiring is ok. I am thinking that whatever is on the ring gear that passes by the cps is not working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks