1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Audiovox Prestige aps-3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Blue 12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiovox Prestige aps-3

does anyone have any info on this alarm system? my 94 dak has "most" of it installed. before i go ripping wires out, is there stock wiring that needs to be replaced if the alarm is removed? theres no remote and im sure parts are missing. i want the rats nest of horrible wiring out of my truck... live wires hanging out, no electrical tape or shrink tube... it was put together with marretts
im sure this is the reason the cd/cassette/radio isnt working, allong with the door locks (they will power unlock but not power lock)
thanks for any help. im going to try to find a manual tomorrow for the truck... its the slt version
thanks guys!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Bad96_3.9
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue 12
it was put together with marretts

wtf is a marrett? never heard of on of those, sorry, never heard of that system...but if it is anything like mine you an just disconnect everything and it will be fine. in the faq there is a wiring diagram if you need one.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Blue 12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its what electricians use to connect wires in HOUSES(should never be used in something that moves!). the little plastic screw on things. im pretty sure my truck was rewired by a hick...

Quick Reply: Audiovox Prestige aps-3