1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 Dodge Dakota Heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:58 PM
RT2TRBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 93 Dodge Dakota Heat issue

Hello, I am brand new to this forum. I have a question about my heat in my truck. As of a week ago, my heat worked to the point where only one speed worked, and no matter what setting it was on, it would only pump out on defrost. NOW, nothing works on it. Does it sound like the heater control panel? Has anyone else had this problem like this? Any ideas?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For the speed it most likely is the resistor pack that is under the hood. Check the FAQ for more info on this common problem and pic of location. As for it just coming from the vent, it sounds like its a vacuum leak. Check all hoses under the hood make sure they are all connected and clean.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:41 AM
RT2TRBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I found on the another forum about the resistor. I just played with it. That is the problem. At least with the speed. But the speed and setting both went out at the same time. So Im gonna pull the harness from a junkyard, cause the harness is shot. I'll just soder that in. Ill buy the new resistor tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks alot for the help. It is GREATLY appreciated.

Quick Reply: 93 Dodge Dakota Heat issue