1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1991 dakota sport 3.9 liter 4x4 wiring diagram. Does anyone have one ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:40 AM
scott#9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 dakota sport 3.9 liter 4x4 wiring diagram. Does anyone have one ?

Does anyone have one, or know were I can get a copy of one ?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Check the FAQ. I believe we have a 90 which is the same as 91.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
scott#9

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 AM
scott#9

I tried it, it says that web site has been suspended ? ?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
crazy
Rookie
Default wireing

hey scott,,still having problems huh? i know the haynes manuals have wireing diagrams in them,,and i'm pretty sure a dodge dealer may be able to copy you one for a minimal fee,,have you tried to dry all the connectors out?especially the ones in the main harness,,my son and i did a flood car once and we had to tear out the carpets and dry out the floor boards and get the mud out ,,we found a electrical spray for moisture at a local hardware that we sprayed into the plugs that were under the wet floormats,,sprayed them all and dryed them all out good and everything worked fine after that,,mabey something to try on your connectors and plugs before ya spend alot of money changing things that might not be broke ,,also i would look at all the grounds ,,mabey theres one that may be still wet and not getting a good ground,,are you getting any codes when you check the self diagnosis check ?some things may not set the check engine light and ya never know there there unless you pull the codes manually,,trust me i just had this happen to me and never knew there were any codes stored untill i deceided to check them,,and i pulled 5 codes that i never knew i had stored ,,your problem just sounds like something so simple that its one of those things you say "it can't be that easy"when it quits have ya shook the wires to see if mabey it will restart without letting it sit for awhile ?the symptoms ya say its giving sure sounds like what mine did at a redlight about a year ago,,i didn't have anyspark at my coil and it just stopped running sitting there ideling,,turned over fine but no spark,,and i told ya in your first post that it was wireing under the washer bottle ,,and a shake of the wires got it running again ,,but i know you said you checked those for corrosion ,,i'd try to carefully pull the plug connectors anywhere ya think water may have got in them and check them all out for any signs of green or black inside the plugs even if ya think it couldn't be that one check it anyway cause alot of the controls and sensors are tied to something else ,,hell i worked on my heater for a week ..took the motor out and even wired it direct so i had a heater changed the switch and even the controls.. before i read somewhere to clean the control connections on the reostat really good on the firewall and afterwards i've never had the problem again,,if it ran ok before ya washed it down then it's gotta be something thats still wet and loseing contact when it runs for awhile ,, ,,good luck with it
crazy

Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
scott#9

I still have to try the hall effect sensor, i will when I get home. I have code 11 coming up.

I have checked every wire, and connection. Found some that were suspect, fixed them. Also found were the engine harness runs throught to the inside of the cab, corroded very bad. Ran all new wires.

I run the truck, shake all the wires nothing happens. It dies, nothing helps, shaking wires nothing. I wait a while, and it starts... then will die after a while. I can get it to start again, but with ALOT of cranking, it runs rough for a while then clears out ( I had it do this once ) then shut it off for a while, start it it will die again in 5 minutes.

I know its not the fuel pump, as I have propane as well as gas.

Im really leaning towards the hall effect sensor.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya it looks like that site is down. Also like the FAQ states there are several on-line service manuals with wiring diagrams and autozone.com DOES have them too.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
crazy
Rookie
Default starter

hey scott,, have ya checked the starter and the wires going to it?and if the feild housing may be loose..
crazy

Old 02-21-2009, 11:24 AM
scott#9

I changed the pick up in the distributer, It idles great, starts every time. However, when I go to accelerate, it will bog on me. I suspect that I have a vacume leak, or the new cap for the distributer is no good. It will rock back and forth when its clamped down. The base never moves, just the cap with a bit of pressure.

Also, a freind of mine got me some awesome wiring diagrams that I will post soon.

Quick Reply: 1991 dakota sport 3.9 liter 4x4 wiring diagram. Does anyone have one ?