1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Weird Stall

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you know it must be an electronic controlled carb because it does have and O2 senser in the driver side manifold, and it had stalled after that in a turn in the middle of a 4 way stop lights on a pretty good day if i can recall

Old 07-10-2009, 03:47 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

But today it did it again, heres the story,
I went somewhere earlier today and had no problems and gotten it warmed up some, well i decided to go and get some Taco Bell for lunch and ran just fine getting there and it was still a little warm and i got into the drive thrue and waited a little while in there because there was a line so i stuck it in neutral and idled normaly, then back into gear when it was time to get going and the place was taking longer than normal so i stuck it in nuatral by the window and for some reason it sped its idle up to about 1000RPM's and i was thinkin what the hell? got the food and shifted it in gear and it after a little bit went down to 800RPMs and when i was turning to leave the parking lot (with slight pressure on the gas) it stalled (witch P*ssed me off) I went to start it and didnt put pressure on the gas and it wouldnt start when i thought it should so I attemted to start it again with my foot on the gas and it finally started

Now today it is a bit humid again but its warm out and the engine was warmed up
what ive noticed is Why does it only stall on turns with my foot on the gas(even though its only done it 3 times)? and Why after it was warm did it want idle faster after going into low idle a few times(because it went up when i got home too)

Is it the O2 senser? Carb need adjusting? Need cleaning? What is the reason for this random sh*t!?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

God Damn it, cant anybody give me a mother f*cken anser, These random *** stalls f*ckin p*ss me off because i have no f*ckin clue when there goin to f*cking happen and you cant tell me theres no one out there who knows about this god damn sh*t

Quick Reply: Weird Stall