1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:45 PM
skyshark186
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New stuff

Just thought I would bogg the forum down with more pics. First is of my stance now that I cranked my bars. There is no other lift, just cranked bars and my 2wd hanger conversion.

Next set is of my "bucket" seat revalation. The passenger side of the 60/40 bench is basically a bucket seat. So I pulled the seats from my driver and the 40 seat from the doner and put them together. All that was needed was the mounting rails from the drivers seat in my driver attached to the doner seat and it was good to go. I need to clean them(getting a steamer this week), but they look good. The only way you can tell its not right is the seat back adjuster is on the right hand side. I like them much better than the bench, and I now have room for a console. Ill still probably look for a really nice comfy set of buckets as I go, but these are great for now.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool looks good!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good!
God, can't wait to get mine back on the road. Progress on mine is a toddler step at a time...

Old 07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
skyshark186
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, its coming along nicely I think.

Dont get too down on yourself. Im sure the first day you crank the key and roll it out of the garage on its own power will feel good. Mine sat there for 4 months waiting for me to get off my ***......then lately it seems since I found a Tcase I cant do enough to it. I think the 20 foot rooster tail of mud the other day sold me on all the labor Ive put in to it. Heres a short list(Im sure I left off a bunch) of what Ive done to it in the last week.

New pan gasket/tranny fluid
New Radiator
New plugs
new water pump
New serp belt
Bfg's
Transfer case
Seats
Side windows
Cd player
Speakers
Ignition switch