1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Tire/Wheel Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:09 PM
'95Dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire/Wheel Opinions

I've been searching around for about a month now for a good tire/wheel set-up for my '95 'Kota (i call 'er Lola lol) Tell me what you guys think of this set-up!:

The truck its goin on, sorry for the bad pic.
Name:  myquad.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  137.1 KB

The wheels:
http://www.procomptires.com/truck-je...89-wheels.aspx

The tires:
http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Eterragrappler

A 2" body lift will be in so the tires will fit. And possibly a leveling kit, via torsion bars.

All comments welcome!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 PM
skyshark186
Captain

Those rims look ok. If your gonna wheel it your gonna rock toss the crap out of em. A thick powdercoat will hold up to a lot, but not tons. The chrome will start to get busted up too. They would look awesome all cleaned up with those terra grapplers. I LOVE nittos. They are sweet tires.

Gotta say, they are some spendy SOB's but one of my favorite offroad tires are goodyear MTR's. Regularly rotated Ive seen them go well over 50,000 miles. Sigh.....being broke sucks.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:18 PM
'95Dakota
Professional

Originally Posted by sksyhark186
Those rims look ok. If your gonna wheel it your gonna rock toss the crap out of em. A thick powdercoat will hold up to a lot, but not tons. The chrome will start to get busted up too. They would look awesome all cleaned up with those terra grapplers. I LOVE nittos. They are sweet tires.

Gotta say, they are some spendy SOB's but one of my favorite offroad tires are goodyear MTR's. Regularly rotated Ive seen them go well over 50,000 miles. Sigh.....being broke sucks.
I'm pretty sure there a powdercoat with a machined look, that what i read somewhere anyways lol. And there aint much rock over here, its just gunna be a few mudholes, but mostly feild/dirt burnin.

And im 15 and this is my first truck so im on a tight budget. My truck budget was $5000! lol but i took that baby home for $3675 OTD

Old 07-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The blacks will look good. If you got the money go for it.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:32 PM
skyshark186
Captain

Sigh......It helps when I dont accidentally close my window.

Lol. 5000 is a tight budget these days ehh? Including the cost of my truck Im up to 650 right now, and thats almost breaking my budget. Lol. Im cheap.

I found a simulator that will give you a vauge idea of what those tires will look like. It wont let me get any more specific.

http://*******wheels.lesschwab.com/*...elsonline.html

Here is an idea of what your rim/tire package might cost. Just over your budget, but close. You can choose a cheaper tire to get you under cost. BFG A/T's or M/T's are always good standby tires for under 200 a piece.

http://www.tirepackage.com/shoppingcart.aspx

Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
'95Dakota
Professional

i can get the wheels for like $130 a peice and the tires for about $150 a peice off of 4wheelparts. BUT, i am in Canada so i e-mailed them to see how much it will be to get accross the border. The tires will probly be alot; I was going to order my quad tires off the internet but it was almost $400 just to get accross the border/shipping from Utah. The rims is what im mostly lookin for, the tires i can get for a good price in town here.

I have some 31" BFG M/T's at my house right now that came off my bro's Ranger. I'll rum them til i can get enough money for these, which probly wont be long lol Gotta find a job though...

Old 07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by '95Dakota
And im 15 and this is my first truck so im on a tight budget. My truck budget was $5000! lol but i took that baby home for $3675 OTD
$5000?! Holy Sh*t man, mine was only $1300 and a trade in worth(accordingt to the dealer) $500, and they wanted $1700 for it and with tax brought the total price of my truck to about $1800, I dont know if your rich or just been savin like i was but damn, Send some of the money my way man!!! and dont you have to drive with a parent all the time since your 15, you cant tell me youve got your lisence

Well anyways back to the subject those tires dont look to bad but im more int offroad style rims personaly (well... for my truck)

Old 07-05-2009, 05:08 PM
'95Dakota
Professional

Originally Posted by ZackN920
$5000?! Holy Sh*t man, mine was only $1300 and a trade in worth(accordingt to the dealer) $500, and they wanted $1700 for it and with tax brought the total price of my truck to about $1800, I dont know if your rich or just been savin like i was but damn, Send some of the money my way man!!! and dont you have to drive with a parent all the time since your 15, you cant tell me youve got your lisence

Well anyways back to the subject those tires dont look to bad but im more int offroad style rims personaly (well... for my truck)
i'm in Canada, so everything is more lol and no i dont have my license. I have my learners permit which is: You can drive with a person with a valid drivers license, over the age of 17, in the passenger seat. My birthday is in October so its not that far away.

My parents were happy when i found something $1300 under-budget lol. The same truck, if i were selling it, would go for about $4,500-$5,000, up here anyways.

Quick Reply: Tire/Wheel Opinions