1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

WTF! no more overdrive!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:55 PM
patrod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all fuses are ok, it seems to be the overdrive solenoid, well i hope.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 AM
FinkandSon
Default Check the harness...

Hey, I realize it's been a long time since this thread has seen action but I experienced the same situation on my 91...mine was on-off-on-off...turned out to be the OD harness had come out of the cloth-taped plastic retainer on the firewall and was allowed to float/bounce/ride on the bell housing until it stated shorting out (hence the on-off-on). A quick trip to the JY and a freshened (re-wrapped) harness installed fixed the issue for $7.00. Just follow the wires up from the plugs on the trans and check for missing/broken/shorted wires.
Hope this helps!!

Old 10-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Thomas Jacobs

Originally Posted by shelbydaytona
i don't like the arguments that constantly occur when offering sound advice with real life experiences however seems anytime i offer my advice it turns into drama. so if the op wants an alternative solution to all the computer electrical issues, i'll gladly offer some sound testing advice and step by step instructions as to how to repair this problem if it matches my description for diagnosis. id rather be pm'd first than me pm so i'm not wasting my time.
I have encountered this exact issue with my overdrive! Id greatly appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks jakeredwingtwo@gmail.com

Quick Reply: WTF! no more overdrive!