1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Ignition Lock Cylinder replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Dakota1089
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya pre 91's suck. I did find my service manual so i will be swapping that out this week sometime and hopefully thats my problem.

Old 01-09-2023, 11:24 PM
69SuperBeeWin$
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Dakota Key Ignitions

Originally Posted by Dakota1089
I have 2 88 dakota one runner and 1 parts. Also neither of your were right about changing that out.

lghtngblt02: i dont know if you own a first gen but the column is one solid plastic piece and there are no torx screws on the column or any where for that matter.

LO 619: I dont know about your way either you said there is a pin and something else. The only thing that is on the stering column by the lock cylinder is the hazard light switch which when removed does nothing to the lock cylinder and then there is a backup light bulb which has nothing to do with that either? So any pics or an accurate way of replacing the lock cylinder would be great until i can find my service manual.

Thanks
Well Im also looking for info on Dakota key ignition replacement. Mine's a 1988 Auto, Tilt, Delay Wipers with US112L Key Ignition fwiw...
If anyone knows where R&R steps are shown in a manual/video for this task Id sure be greatful?
My 1988 Dakota FSM dont even show this one.
I found newer Dakota vids on Youtube, none showing steering wheel removal to access their ignition as needed on the 1988 Dakota. Rather odd this job is not shown anywhere with all the old Dakota's Mopar made?
Thanks all!

Quick Reply: Ignition Lock Cylinder replacement