1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New guy with a problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009 | 08:36 PM
95_318SLT
Champion

I'm out of ideas!! I've apparently already cost you enough money so I'm going to step out of this one. I hope you find the problem though.

Old 05-06-2010 | 08:07 AM
JnJ
|

Follow up, Problem solved.
As you may recall, I replaced the blower resistor block, which was bad, but it didn't fix the problem. Next I replaced the control unit in the dash, and it still didn't function properly.
So I decided to check the blower motor, I pulled the whole unit under the dash that contains the heater core, the AC condenser, and the blower motor. While I had it apart, I notice that there were wires that didn't connect to anything. Then I realized the problem, someone previously tried to address the problem and instead of just replacing the blower resistor block, by-passed it and went straight to the blower motor, so it could not change speeds. I simply rewired it correctly and it works fine now. Also while I was in there I replaced the heater core and AC condenser since they were both rusted out as well. Now if I can just fix the vacuum problem that has everything blowing out the defrosters, I would be good to go.

Old 05-06-2010 | 02:53 PM
95_318SLT
Champion

Cool! Glad you got it fixed!

Quick Reply: New guy with a problem