1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Looking for tan/doeskin interior plastic pieces

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking for tan/doeskin interior plastic pieces

I am planning on trying to mend and repair my existing interior pieces which have cracked or broken over the years. I am looking for pieces of plastic from existing interiors that are the same color. Pieces can be broken and smashed up for easy shipping, I am going to be melting them down using Methyl Ethyl Ketone anyways so I am goign to break them up and grind them into bits anyways. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Post up some pics of the repair as it comes along.

Now that I think of it I don't know the color doeskin. Post up some pics so if anyone does have it they know the exact color.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

From the best I can tell, doeskin is the actual name of the color the Dakota interior came with, or one of the I should say. Beige is too dark and tan isn't the same.

I will take a bunch of pictures as I work on it. I am assuming from what I can tell, that the plastic is actually ABS. My Apache pop up camper is the same material and I have been repairing it using ABS goo I made. I am pretty confident that if I can get some of the same color plastic I can make some nice repairs on interior panels. It isn't easy to come by interior panels that are in great shape, and I think that being able to repair small cracks without having to remove the panels from the truck might benefit some people.

Quick Reply: Looking for tan/doeskin interior plastic pieces