1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Badass dakota... weird problems... help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
bigblock79
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badass dakota... weird problems... help?

1996 dakota 2wd with 318 engine. i drive it every day, however, sometimes it stalls when coming to a stop, runs kinda rough (missing?) when accelerating. If i floor it, it runs GREAT. what could this be? fuel issue? sensor?

Also, for some reason the radio does not work, it did until i removed it to fiure out the blower motor. all fuses are good.

Also, the blower motor for some reason has a positive current in both wires running to it. wtf? so for now i have rigged a toggle switch.

Also, blinkers not blinking.. just stay lit.

Any info to help fix this would be awesome, gonna sell the damn thing if i cant get these issues straightened out. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to DodgeForum!

The idle issue is likely the IAC (idle air controller). This is located at the back of the throttle body and is held in by 2 torx screws.

The running rough issue could be many possibilities. It could be a bad o2 sensor, MAP sensor, TPS, or ECT sensor. Its hard to say without running tests on the various sensors. There are procedures for testing the sensors in the FSM, which we happen to have a link to download it for free in faq2.

For the radio, check the 5 amp fuse in the PDC (the relay box next to the battery under the hood). If that fuse checks out, make sure you got all the wires and grounds plugged back in!

I don't know about the blower motor. Maybe check the wiring diagram if you download the FSM.

The blinker could either be a bad blinker module on the fuse box, or a blown out bulb. Check the bulbs first!

Quick Reply: Badass dakota... weird problems... help?