1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

truck seems to be wobbeling

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
mmanahan1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wear pattern looks good

Old 02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
mmanahan1
Rookie

ended up havin a egg shaped tire (dont know how i could see that) and a bad bearing, thigs that sucks the most was that i had to pay someone else to do it, i didnt have the tools and know i am strongly headin towards buyin some more tools

Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Az93DKota
Veteran

Theres a trick to front spindle bearing.
When ever I put on new rotors, I put the rotor on with the new bearings. Tighten the nut finger tight. Then put on the brakes and tire. Then lift the bottom of the tire with a crow bar. You'll notice the tire knocking. Turn the tire and tighten the spindle nut. Repeat the process of lifting the tire till it stops knocking. Once it stops. Tighten the nut 1/8th turn. Done. Put pin in nut and install nut cover and drop the truck on the ground. Never lost a tire or burned a bearing yet.

Oh and make sure you grease the bearing properly. Info for anyone who reads.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
adamwmc

My 96 2WD Sport will intermittently shake pretty bad. Speed doesn't seem to affect it, and it will come and go all during a single trip at varying speeds. I may also be loosing power when the worse of the shaking happens (Of course i may not be giving it much gas because the truck feels like it's going to fall apart). I recently had all the spark plugs and wires along with the distributor cap changed and it did not help the problem.

Could warped brakes/ rotors cause this? I notice when I hit the brakes hard (when it is not shaking) I feel a pulse similar to the resonance of the shake when it does occur.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Quick Reply: truck seems to be wobbeling